Utilities Supervisor (Boilers/Steam)
- Posted: over a month ago
Mentor Technical Group (MTG) provides a complete portfolio of technical support and solutions to the FDA-regulated industry. As a global leader in life sciences engineering and technical solutions, MTG has the knowledge and experience to ensure compliance with pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device safety and efficacy guidelines. With offices in Caguas, Puerto Rico, we service life sciences clients in six global markets: the United States, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Mexico, Germany, and Canada.
Direct supervision and coordination of assigned utilities operators guaranteeing reliable, top quality service during the execution of the following activities that may include, but are not limited to the operation of steam units, potable and purified water systems, chilled water systems, compressed air systems.
Responsibilities include: interviewing, participating in the hiring process, training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; conflict management, and problem-solving.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Determine schedules, sequences, and assignments for work activities, based on work priority, the quantity of equipment, and the skill of personnel.
- Monitor work areas and examine tools and equipment in order to detect unsafe conditions or violations of procedures or safety rules.
- Monitor employees' work levels and review work performance.
- Counsel employees about work-related issues and assist employees to correct job-skill deficiencies.
- Requisition materials and supplies, such as tools, equipment, and replacement parts.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, and job orders to construct templates and lay out reference points for workers.
- Conduct or arrange for workers' training in safety, repair, and maintenance techniques, operational procedures, or equipment use.
- Ensure the recordkeeping of documentation of client’s utilities equipment operations parameters is met.
- Ensure that the utilities equipment has the necessary operating procedures according to the manufacturer's operation manual and/or recommendations
- Provide technical support and advice to assure that operational activities are performed in compliance with corporate/government policies and regulations in a cost-effective way and within the timelines established by the customer.
- Exhibit a customer-oriented behavior, by clearly understanding customers’ needs and expectations, anticipating possible barriers or obstacles that may impact the project(s) adversely, and communicating these in a timely manner.
- All documentation must be free of errors, controlled, and well-organized.
- Manage technical issues/problems appropriately and efficiently.
- Guarantee the top quality of services provided to the client by reviewing work performed, documentation submitted, getting hold of client feedback, and monitoring project status vs. client requirements.
- Issue Performance Review Report to employees under his/her supervision
1-5 years experience in direct exposure to plant utilities operations.
3+ years hands-on experience as Utilities Maintenance with full responsibility for business operations (planning, budget administration, contracting)
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science or related fields preferred
Mentor Technical Group es un empleador que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades y todos los solicitantes calificados recibirán consideración para el empleo sin importar raza, color, religión, sexo, orientación sexual, identidad de género, información genética, origen nacional, estado de veterano protegido, estado de discapacidad o cualquier otro grupo protegido por ley.
Mentor Technical Group is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Powered by JazzHR