LICENSED SOCIAL WORKER/LICENSED PROFESSIONAL COUNSELOR - YOUTH PROGRAM
Function: Under limited supervision provides specialized clinical services, including the provision of individual and group counseling of an advanced nature for youth/young adults who have experienced severe and persistent mental illness, trauma, and/or emotional problems participating in a Behavioral Health setting. The licensed Professional Counselor will report directly to the Youth Services Director.
Employee Classification: Considered professional, exempt position that is regular full-time.
- Participates in treatment team meetings on a daily basis.
- Provides case management to youth accessing drop-in center to help meet basic needs.
- Provides emergency services including, but not limited to, crisis intervention and assessments, and during after-hours rotation.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Provides group, individual and psychosocial rehabilitative services.
- Provides documentation of services provided within 24 hours of service.
- Coordinates, plans, and implements regularly scheduled groups and activities for clients.
- Performs array of clinical functions to assist clients in recovery.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of methods, principles and practices of clinical counseling.
- Extensive knowledge of psychopathology and patient management within a psychiatric setting.
- Extensive knowledge of group dynamics and human development.
- Ability to evaluate counselor skills and program needs and to apply counseling theory in a clinical setting.
- Some knowledge of basic health and welfare services provided by other public and private agencies.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective contact with individuals, families and representatives of other professional disciplines.
- Knowledge of individual and group behavioral traits.
- Knowledge of trauma-informed care.
- Some knowledge of the techniques of interviewing and counseling.
- Ability to express ideas clearly, both orally and in writing.
Qualifications: A Master’s Degree from an Accredited School of Counseling, Social Work or Mental Health. Must have a SC Licensure of LPC, LPC-I, LISW-CP, or LMSW and 2 years of experience in a clinical counseling program. Must have a valid SC driver’s license and a good driving record. Must be certifiable in defensive driving and Standard CPR/1st-Aid. Training in Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is preferred.