The Program Manager is responsible for the overall management and administrative operation of the program including preparing reports, developing policies and procedures, and acting as liaison with agencies and organizations affecting clients and that work with the client community.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Comply with all MHS and program rules, policies and procedures including HIPAA standards.
- Responsible for overall program operations, including fiscal and administrative management, quality assurance, implementation of policies and procedures and overall contract compliance.
- Oversees quality of services to consumers and providers, ensuring adherence to best practices and highest professional standards. Supervises accurate data collection and record keeping and prepares reports.
- Provides regularly scheduled supervision to all direct reports. Supervises and coaches staff and develops and implements ongoing staff training and development of the program.
- Recruits, assesses, and recommends candidates and implements affirmative action, equal opportunity, and cultural diversity at the recruitment level.
- Develops, implements, and oversees a system to receive, investigate and resolve complaints/grievances from or concerning recipients of mental health services. Collaborates with AQIS on consumer grievances.
- Oversees monitoring of mental health facilities, services, and programs county-wide for compliance with patients’ rights laws, regulations, and policies.
- Develops and implements county approved Education and Training Plan that provides trainings to mental health providers about patients’ rights, laws, regulations, and policies.
- Adheres to program budget and reviews monthly operating statement to ensure financial integrity and ensures implementation of quality assurance activities.
- Maintains knowledge of best practices by reading appropriate publications, attending seminars, conferences, and other training as necessary and seeks out supervision when needed.
- Complies with all MHS policies and procedures.
- Master of Arts or Sciences in a human services field preferred. Supervisory experience in a similar work setting.
- Experience in working with consumers and advocates, as well as in developing and presenting training materials and programs.
- Familiarity with residential and outpatient behavioral health treatment service models.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite and EHR software.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Valid California driver’s license and current auto insurance per contract requirements
- Clearance on Background/DOJ Live scan result per contract requirements
- Negative reading from pre-employment TB and Drug Tests
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws, regulations, policies, and protocols applicable to patients’ rights and grievances
- Ability to supervise staff, evaluate performance outcomes and provide feedback. Knowledge, understanding and application of principles required to accurately and reliably collect and analyze data
- Able to communicate clearly, both in writing and verbally, with employees, management, consumers, and community partners
- Willingness to travel throughout Orange County as well as to meetings throughout the State
- Education, training and/or experience which demonstrates mastery of the knowledge and skills listed above
Mental Health Systems is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization committed to delivering innovative mental health, substance abuse, supportive housing, veteran, and recovery services. MHS provides over 75 broad-ranging programs that offer safety-net services and employs over 800 dedicated individuals across 6 California counties; Contra Costa, Fresno, Kern, Kings, San Bernardino, and San Diego. Since 1978, Mental Health System’s client-centered, strengths-based solutions have been designed to offer comprehensive, culturally competent programs that embody our core values of Excellence, Hope, Action, Innovation, Integrity, and Dignity. MHS has a commitment toward reducing stigma and improving access to care using the principle of “whatever it takes”. MHS offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, company sponsored retirement plan, employee assistance program, generous holidays, vacation, and sick for eligible employee