Case Manager Kings Country Act
- Expired: 29 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
MHS is a non-profit organization whose mission is to improve people’s lives and instill hope by providing cost-effective community-based mental health, drug and alcohol recovery, and housing services. We continually seek new and improved ways of serving our clients and communities. MHS is an essential business.
Benefits12 paid holidays
Paid time off
Flexible schedules (Based on position)
The Case Manager will provide rehabilitation and case management services for clients who are difficult to engage and may deny the need for mental health and substance abuse services. As a critical member of the treatment team, the Case Manager will develop, evaluate, and implement treatment goals and plans.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Provide service coordination / case management for an assigned group of clients including coordinating and monitoring activities of the treatment team.
- Develop, evaluate, and implement treatment goals and plans in conjunction with the treatment team.
- Provide individual supportive coaching in all areas of clients’ lives.
- Collaborate with Program Manager in rotating client visits/assignments with the treatment team.
- Perform psychosocial and risk assessments; maintain a daily log of client contacts.
- Provide on-call crisis intervention support covering nighttime and weekend hours.
- Conduct and oversee psycho educational groups as directed by Program Manager.
- Perform shift management duties in coordination with other staff as directed by Program Manager.
- Function as assistant to shift manager when assigned and follows administrative chain of command.
- Comply with all charting and documentation requirements per contract, funding agency, and MHS policy.
- Prepare critical care issues for discussion during supervision and daily organizational staff meetings.
- Collect necessary client demographic data and enters it on the MHS Treatment Team Services Data Collection Form.
- Provide information about the program to community agencies connected to the mental health and substance abuse services system.
- Comply with all MHS and program rules, policies and procedures including HIPAA standards.
- BA/BS degree in a behavioral science
- Minimum of four years of experience providing case management services to individuals with mental illness preferred
- At least two years of experience providing care to acutely mentally ill adults
- Valid California driver’s license and current auto insurance per contract requirements
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite and EHR software
- Ability to problem solve and react appropriately to emergency situations
- Ability to work independently and effectively collaborate with a team
- In-depth knowledge of mental health treatment methodologies and diagnostic techniques, the concept of Co-Dependent Behavior, transference and counter-transference
- Bilingual in Spanish, preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
☐ Working in cramped spaces
☒ Moving around office
☒ Moving between offices/clients
☒ Lifting/carrying heavy items
☒ Pushing/pulling/dragging items
☒ Standing for long periods
☒ Working outside/underground
☒ Using hands/fingers
☒ Sitting for long periods of time
I can perform the above job duties:
☐ Without accommodation ☐ With accommodation. If so, please specify:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
MHS is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment and to attracting and retaining the most qualified employees without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Mental Health Systems, Inc.
HealthcareView all jobs at Mental Health Systems, Inc.