MENTAL HEALTH CENTER OF DENVER
Clinical Case Manager I/II
The Mental Health Center of Denver has immediate need of Clinical Case Managers.
The Mental Health Center of Denver is a place for recovery, resilience and well-being, known locally and nationally as a model for innovative and effective community behavioral healthcare.
Consistently named Denver's Top Places to Work
The Mental Health Center of Denver has been named a Top Workplace by the Denver Post six years in a row! We believe that all people are resilient - they can and do recover from mental illness. At the Mental Health Center of Denver, we hire people dedicated to working towards that goal.
Provides comprehensive psychological and behavioral case management services within a continuum of high to low intensity services designed to improve or maintain each mental health consumer’s abilities to function in the community. Assesses, monitors, and follows up with consumer’s ability to meet basic needs in moving toward recovery. Responsible for all clinical documentation of consumer interaction. As a Clinical Case Manager you will be providing transportation the people we serve in your vehicle (additional cost for insurance reimbursed).
- Help consumers in meeting basic needs for food, clothing, shelter, personal safety, and general medical and dental care, and assist them with applications for income, medical, housing, or other benefits which they may need and to which they are entitled. Identify consumers for whom establishment of a protective payee-ship is necessary and arrange this assistance.
- Ensure consumers access to needed services and community resources by arranging for transportation, or if necessary, by taking the consumers to the service in personal vehicle (business insurance on vehicle reimbursed by MHCD).
- Provide comprehensive psychosocial services that include and continuum of high and low intensity services designed to improve or maintain consumers’ abilities to function in normal social roles. These will include, but be limited to, services which:
- Help consumers evaluate both their strengths and symptoms, and facilitate in consumers setting their own goals, and plan for appropriate services;
- Guide and instruct consumers in daily living skills such as medication use, diet, exercise, personal hygiene, shopping, cooking, budgeting, housekeeping, use of transportation, and other community services;
- Help consumers develop social skills, interests, and leisure time activities to provide a sense of participation and personal worth, including opportunities for age appropriate, culturally appropriate daytime and evening activities;
- Help consumers find and make use of appropriate employment opportunities, vocational rehabilitation services, or supported work environments where appropriate;
- Assist consumers who need special living arrangements in locating a rehabilitative or supportive housing arrangement. The choices should be broad enough to allow each consumer and opportunity to live in an atmosphere offering the degree of support necessary, while also providing incentives and encouragement for consumers to assume increasing responsibilities for their lives;
- Offer support, assistance, consultation, and education to families, friends, landlords, employers, community agencies, and others who come into contact with consumers, in order to maximize benefits and minimize problems associated with the presence of these persons in the community;
- Identify and work with potential natural support systems such as neighborhood networks, churches, and community organizations.
- Make full utilization of the consumer’s support systems in order to encourage treatment program engagement.
- Reach out to program eligible consumers, inform them of and educate them about available services at MHCD and in the community.
- Bachelor (CM I) or Master (CM II) Degree in psychology, social work, or other related human services degree.
- Must have valid Colorado Driver license and a recent clean driving record. Ability to transport consumers in dependable vehicle.
- As a Clinical Case Manager you will be providing transportation the people we serve in your vehicle. You are required to carry Business Use coverage on your policy (additional cost is reimbursed).
- One year experience in mental health or human services preferred.