MENTAL HEALTH CENTER OF DENVER
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
The Mental Health Center of Denver has immediate need of Certified Medical Assistants (CMA).
The Mental Health Center of Denver is a place for recovery, resilience and well-being, known locally and nationally as a model for innovative and effective community behavioral healthcare.
Consistently named Denver's Top Places to Work
The Mental Health Center of Denver has been named a Top Workplace by the Denver Post 7 years in a row! We believe that all people are resilient - they can and do recover from mental illness. At the Mental Health Center of Denver, we hire people dedicated to working towards that goal.
Days, M-F. There are NO weekends or evenings!
Provide direct services, mental health assessments and treatment to consumers with severe and persistent mental illness.
- Collect blood specimens and prepare them for lab work/testing.
- Interview consumers to obtain medical information.
- Measure vital signs: such as: pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight and height.
- Record consumers’ medical history, vital statistics and information such as test results into medical records.
- Communicate relevant medical information to medical and clinical staff as part of the treatment team.
- Coordinate medical care and intervention with staff and Psychiatrist.
- Maintain a trauma informed environment of wellbeing.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Completion of educational program necessary to obtain a Medical Assistant diploma. Certification is required.
- Experience: At least one year working a medical/clinic environment. Experience working in a community mental health center or within a mental health field is strongly preferred.
The Mental Health Center of Denver has been named a Top Workplace by the Denver Post six years in a row! We believe that all people are resilient - they can and do recover from mental illness. At the Mental Health Center of Denver, we hire people dedicated to working towards that goal.
Mental Health Center of Denver is a nationally recognized mental health provider that provides comprehensive, recovery-focused mental health and substance abuse services and partners with hundreds of businesses and other organizations to deliver a blanket of care including food, housing, education and employment services to promote healthy and productive lives.
Enriching lives and minds by focusing on strengths and recovery.