Mental Health Forensic Case Manager - CJS
- Posted: over a month ago
Master’s degree in forensic psychology, social work, counseling or a related field with clinical training is preferred. A Bachelor’s Degree and three years of experience in forensic psychology and substance abuse disorders may also be considered. Valid driver’s license.
- Provide effective discharge planning, linkage and referral to community resources for mentally ill offenders who re-enter the community following release from the county correctional system and jail diversion from local municipalities. Service includes the provision of holiday, weekend and on-call coverage as assigned.
- Facilitation of access to appropriate services, including transportation to services, and activities as necessary and application for and receipt of all applicable public entitlement.
- Coordination and integration of services from multiple providers when the consumer is discharged from the county jail system. This responsibility may include coordination of meetings of the consumer’s service providers in the community.
- Record keeping as required by funding sources through the electronic clinical record software, and/or accreditation agencies, including the development and implementation of a discharge plan and completion of other documentation as required.
- Must meet all expected productivity levels, in regard to direct service provision to consumers.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director.
West Orange, NJ
Fully paid medical coverage for eligible staff.
Generous 401(k) match.
Plentiful Paid Holidays, Vacation, Personal and Sick time.
As per NJ Executive Order No. 294 and Executive Order No. 283 for covered healthcare settings, MHA requires that all members of our workforce are up to date with their COVID-19 Vaccinations. As per the Executive Orders, a person is considered fully vaccinated upon completion of the full vaccination series, plus one booster, if eligible.
MHAEM is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MHAEM’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employee Rights under the FMLA
Powered by JazzHR
Mental Health Association
AddressWest Orange, NJ
HealthcareView all jobs at Mental Health Association
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?