Men’s Health Foundation connects men at risk to comprehensive healthcare and wellness through education, collaboration and advocacy, inspiring and empowering all men to live longer, healthier and happier lives. We see a world where inequity and stigma do not separate men from healthcare. At Men’s Health Foundation we are reimagining men’s healthcare.
Participates in all aspects of filling prescriptions, performs clerical work to maintain pharmacy standards and legal requirements within the scope of practice outlined by the Board of Pharmacy. Interacts with patients and provides excellent customer service to coordinate safe and effective medication practices for patients.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
- Maintain and update patient profiles and prescription files.
- Enter prescriptions into electronic system efficiently and accurately.
- Fill prescriptions and coordinate auto refill for applicable patients.
- Prepare packages for shipping and delivery.
- File prescriptions, paperwork.
- Comply with 340B, State Board of Pharmacy, and DEA requirements.
- Answer pharmacy phone calls, return calls to patients, maintain voicemail.
- Communicate with insurance companies/manufacturers to resolve coverage issues, initiate prior authorization process, activate manufacturer co-pay cards.
- Document in appropriate databases.
- Run register, coordinate billing, and balance cash at end of day.
- Reorder and restock drug and related materials necessary to operate the pharmacy and verify receipt against invoices.
- Run and interpret pharmacy reports.
- Process returns to inventory as well as to distributor. Return expired drug to reverse distributor.
- Attend meetings required for position (i.e., Department meetings, all-staff meetings, multi-disciplinary team meetings)
- Maintain a work environment conducive to excellent customer service and act in a professional manner in the workplace.
- Light travel as required for training purposes.
- Participate in clean-up as appropriate.
- Participate in regularly scheduled and ad hoc physical drug inventories as directed.
- Works with other departments and organizations as appropriate to promote exceptional integrated patient care.
- Handle other pharmacy related duties as appropriate.
- Participate in annual OSHA and HIPPA trainings.
- Uphold all principles of confidentiality and patient care to the fullest extent.
- Adhere to all professional and ethical behavior standards of the healthcare industry.
- Interact in an honest, trustworthy, professional, and respectful manner with patients, employees, visitors and vendors.
- Other duties may be assigned, are required.
- Healthcare experience or education.
- High school diploma or general education (GED).
- Valid Pharmacy Technician license from CA Board of Pharmacy.
- Basic operation of a computer workstation, electronic medical record, and pharmacy computer system.
- Use of Windows Explorer (electronic file-handling).
- Able to speak Spanish, preferred.
- Experience with HIV and sexual health medications.
- Specialty experience with 340B program desired.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and a background check to include a 7-year criminal, 10-year SSN & employer history reference check.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be able to work flexible schedules.
- Must take yearly flu shot or wear flu mask during flu season for patient facing positions and test for tuberculosis as required by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Men's Health Foundation