- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a Controller to oversee all financial operations and serve as a member of the Leadership Team. This purpose-driven individual will support Meneses Law’s Core Values, strategic plan and bring a sense of professionalism and excellence to this growing and award-winning organization.
The Controller will direct the financial operations of the company including budgeting, planning, investing, and other financial matters.
- Responsible for financial reporting, accounting, billing, collections, payroll, and budget preparation.
- Implements internal control policies and procedures for all financial activities.
- Provide management with information vital to the decision-making process.
- Developing and monitoring business performance metric.
- Maintains knowledge of organizational procedures, federal and state regulations, and accounting standards.
- Coordinates the company’s financial planning, budgeting, and investment activities.
- Provides financial analysis with an emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Oversees the preparation of periodic financial statements, activity reports, annual budgets, financial forecasts, lead the month-end and year-end close process.
- Establish and maintain GAAP-compliant accounting, design and implement appropriate financial controls and procedures.
- Reviews financial details from past, present, and forecasted operations; identifies development opportunities and improvements that can be made.
- Provides management with short- and long-term departmental/financial objectives, policies and operating procedures to strengthen internal controls.
- Oversee activities related to the company’s ESOP and 401k plan.
- Confirms accuracy and oversees filing of quarterly and annual reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- Collaborates with external auditors to provide information needed for the annual audit.
- Direct financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvement.
- Oversee regulatory income tax filings to ensure accuracy and timely completion.
- Timely reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts.
- Oversee the activities of the general accounting group within the Finance department, including accounts payable, payroll, general ledger, fixed assets, joint ventures and leases.
- Accurate and timely dissemination of financial information and management reports.
- Oversee disbursement activities and monitor daily cash flow position.
- Provide leadership, training programs, identify training needs and mentoring to accounting team, and others as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Houston, TX 77018: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- What is your minimum salary requirement?
- Master's (Preferred)
- GAAP: 3 years (Preferred)
- CPA (Required)
Work Location: One location
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Financial Controller jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.