Associate Carbon Analyst
- $72,000 to $85,000 Yearly
The position offers significant potential for professional growth and advancement through ongoing training, and exposure to various areas of the organization. The company is committed to fostering a culture of learning and career development, providing employees with the resources and support they need to achieve their goals.
Under the direct supervision of the Forest Carbon Program Manager, this position will support the monitoring, reporting, and verification (MRV) requirements of our forest carbon projects distributed across our 440,000 ac of coastal redwood and Douglas-fir forests in Mendocino, Humboldt and Sonoma Counties.
- Plan and manage field data collection by in-house and contractor resources, of forest carbon projects, for project development and maintenance, including check cruising activities.
- Update forest stand level (carbon) stratification based on annual harvest and vegetation management activities.
- Create digital plot cards and ArcGIS Field Maps for all carbon project data collection.
- Work with Forest Inventory Cruisers (in-house and contracted) and Forest Managers to organize day to day field strategies for efficient field data collection.
- Managing and editing spatial files for all projects.
- QA/QC of incoming inventory datasets.
- Perform annual updates on inventory databases for all carbon projects.
- Prepare data required for annual reporting for all projects.
- Prepare data needs (spatial, temporal and documents) for verification audits.
- Manage logistics for on-site verification teams.
- Assist other forestry departments as need and time allows.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Forestry, Natural Resources Management, Environmental Science or related field and minimum one years’ experience in natural resources management OR Master’s degree (M.S.) in Forestry, Natural Resources Management, Environmental Science or related field.
- Ability to apply and interpret sampling statistics derived from carbon inventory data collected.
- Proficiency in ArcGIS Maps and/or ArcGIS Pro.
- Knowledge and/or experience in forest mensuration.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite including Excel and Access.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness to travel to project sites.
- Must carry a valid California Driver’s License and be eligible to operate a company vehicle under company policy guidelines.
- Experience working with growth and yield models such as FVS or FORSEE.
- Experience and knowledge of forest carbon projects in compliance and voluntary carbon markets in the U.S.
- Skilled in sampling methods and design.
- Skilled in R and/or Python programming.
Mendocino Redwood CompanyUkiah, CA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.