- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
***This is a relocation opportunity to Northern, CA, we have two locations in Scotia, CA and Ukiah, CA****
The Millwright will lead the maintenance team in the design, fabrication, installation, service, repair, troubleshooting, and certification of all sawmill machinery, equipment, conveyor systems, lifts, cranes, and all associated sawmill material handling equipment.
- installation/removal and maintenance of all sawmill material conveying systems according to manufactures specifications and company
- Tests and certifies that repairs are completed and properly installed for restart.
- Supports Company preventative maintenance program; works as an integral part of the maintenance
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal
- Effectively communicates with coworkers when notified of
- Follows all lockout / tagout, hot work permit and confined space
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Report problems to the Millwright staff as appropriate.
- Work as an integral part of the maintenance team.
- Document and record all maintenance processes and procedures including change orders and modifications.
- Troubleshoots more complicated maintenance problems and provides technical direction to other millwrights as required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of Millwright experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Or equivalent combination equaling 7,000 hours on the job training and 350 hours of classroom time.
- Experience in the design and structure of a sawmill is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Allen Bradley Programmable Logic Controller Software, a plus.
- Demonstrates safe work practices including LOTO, Hot work permits & Equipment Operation with a strong working knowledge with OSHA safety codes.
- Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement and/or Lean Manufacturing knowledge and experience is a plus.
- Experience in Facility Layout, Process Flow Mapping and PLC/HMI software.
- Ability to handle all types of tools and various mechanic systems, strong knowledge and understanding of belt systems, pneumatics, and hydraulics.
- Advanced math skills (algebra) to make calculations and apply general geometric concepts; and troubleshooting skills.
- Certified and five plus years MiG, Tig, Stick and Flux welding.
- Demonstrated ability in installing, leveling, aligning, servicing, and certifying installed sawmill machinery and equipment such as robots, conveyors, and programmable controllers.
- Demonstrated ability in diagnosing and troubleshooting malfunctioning apparatus such as motion controls, saws and cutting tools, motors and gearing.
- Mechanical knowledge & aptitude.
- Trained in hydraulics, pneumatics, vibration analysis, and laser alignment.
- Demonstrated ability in reading and interpreting blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Valuing Diversity of our Workforce and Offering a Drug Free Workplace
Qualified candidates are encouraged to call (707) 620-2940.
Mendocino Forest Products Company, LLCWhy Work Here?
Company paid benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid vacation, and much more. . Relocation Help
Humboldt Sawmill Company is one of the largest private employers in Humboldt County, California, offering hundreds of employee’s family-level wages and excellent benefits. Company paid benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid vacation, and much more. Qualified Millwright candidates seeking a rewarding job in a beautiful location are encouraged to apply! The company welcomes candidates from throughout California and beyond to apply. Relocation assistance is available. Qualified candidates are encouraged to call (707) 620-2940.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Mendocino Forest Products Company, LLC