Executive Admin Assistant
Memphis Zoo Memphis, TN
- Expired: September 17, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Executive Admin (EA) supports the administrative functions for the Zoo's executive team, Board of Directors, and other Zoo stakeholders. The EA is a logistics expert, arranging meetings, managing travel, tracking projects/deadlines, and other items. Further, the EA works with sensitive material and upholds confidentiality.
Essential Job Functions:
- Acts as extended arm of executive team by anticipating and supporting the daily operational and administrative needs.
- Maintains calendar items for executives, ensuring the prioritization of key/strategic items. Makes real-time adjustments as necessary, communicating changes to all parties.
- Coordinates domestic and internal travel as needed. Includes booking travel arrangements, assisting with passports and other travel documents, etc.
- Builds and maintains rapport with board of directors while serving as a primary point of contact.
- Liaises between Zoo management and external stakeholders and their representatives. Occasionally works with external regulation or accreditation agencies.
- Organizes various meetings including agenda preparation, conference call setup, and meal/refreshment logistics. Records minutes for Board and other meetings as directed.
- Maintains stock of board room supplies.
- Support's departmental budget, including projecting expenses, reconciling expenses, and reporting. Regularly gathers invoices, acquires appropriate signatures, and submits to accounting department.
- Generates ad-hoc reports for executive team and Board.
- Regularly prepares presentations and materials for executive team and board.
- Provides clerical support including drafting documents, scanning files, making copies, sorting mail, and other tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Candidates for this position typically possess a bachelor's degree and five or more years' related experience.
- Experience working with non-profits and a board of directors is preferred.
- Experience working with an AZA-accredited organization is preferred.
- Proficiency with the MS Suite is required.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and decorum is required.
- Proficiency in communication, both oral and in writing.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no direct reports.
Reporting Structure: Reports to the President & CEO and the Executive Vice President & Zoo Director.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time 40 hours per week position which occasionally requires evening and weekend work.
Work Environment: This role works primarily in an office setting, occasionally traveling for business needs.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is constantly required to use hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
BusinessView all jobs at Memphis Zoo