We are seeking a Charge Nurse RN LPN to join our team! You will be responsible for the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of assigned patients.
- Administer nursing care to Alzheimer's/Dementia residents
- Monitor and report changes in patient symptoms or behavior
- Communicate with collaborating physicians or specialists regarding patient care
- Maintain accurate patient medical records
- Provide emotional support to patients and their family members
LPN Duties and Responsibilities:
- Licensed Practical Nurses assigns, directs, and delegates facility staff during tour of duty.
- LPNs make daily rounds of all residents.
- Our Licensed Practical Nurses direct communication with doctors, faxing/calling physicians regarding condition changes and follows up on all orders received.
- LPNs must attend continuing education programs on a routine.
- Documents in resident’s medical records according to all charting procedures. Keeps residents’ care plan up to date and documents changes in care plan and problem list
- LPNs are responsible for recording quarterly assessment and summary of resident’s progress
- Communicates with families regarding changes in treatment and care plans.
- LPNs receive and give daily nursing reports, including report to NACs/NARs on floor
- Complete wound care and treatments as ordered.
- Complete medication passes
- LPNs may process new admissions to their building according to policy and procedure.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Administrator.
- Previous experience in nursing or other medical fields
- Familiarity with medical software and equipment
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
LPN Job Skills:
- Clinical Competence
- Follows State and Federal regulations
- Follows facility policies and procedures
- Family interaction
- Quality of caring
- Maintains and promotes patient privacy, dignity, and rights
Schedule: Monday - Friday, Evening Shift 3:00 pm to 11:30 pm (40 hours/wk)