Senior Control Systems Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Under the direction of the Director of Engineering, the Senior Control Systems Engineer designs, documents, or contracts out the control systems for MTR supplied equipment. This position works closely with the customer to identify requirements and integrate the system into their facility.
- Work with Project Managers to implement control systems
- Design and implement PLC and DCS based control systems for process plants
- Generate control philosophies, logic diagrams, PLC software code, Hazop studies and operating instructions for sophisticated processing systems for use in petrochemical plants, refineries, and natural gas processing plants.
- Select and approve vendors for control system fabrication and supply
- Create and modify system documentation for MTR projects
- Review drawings and provide controls information
- Interface with customers; perform SAT, FAT, pre-commissioning and commissioning duties, internationally
- Manage control panel fabrication through third party vendors
- Increase usefulness of control panel in response to customer requests
- Participate in HAZOP reviews of MTR systems
- In depth knowledge of state of the art instrumentation for flow, temperature, pressure, level and composition
- Willingness to work weekends, overtime and travel (up to 40%)
- Projects require international travel for engineering, inspections, start-ups and maintenance (up to four weeks)
- BS in Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- Must have programming skills for PLC (and DCS) control systems and be competent in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel and AutoCAD
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Familiarity with Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO)
MTR is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. Covid 19 vaccinations are required
MTR’s administrative, research, and manufacturing facilities are located in Newark, California. The company has sales offices in Houston, Texas and Brussels, Belgium and sales agents worldwide.
The company also has a technical and sales support office in Shanghai, China.
Membrane Technology and Research, Inc.Why Work Here?
Membrane Technology and Research, Inc.(MTR)is a world leader in the development and production of multiple membrane-based separation systems
Since its beginnings in 1982, MTR has grown continuously as industry embraced membranes as an effective gas separation technology. After MTR sold its first commercial system to the petrochemical industry in 1992, the portfolio of applications expanded quickly. MTR now provides a full range of gas separation solutions for petrochemical plants, refineries, and gas processing facilities. Systems for these demanding applications need to be effective, economical, reliable, and safe; and must conform to industry standards. MTR’s systems are based not only on state-of-the-art membrane know-how — they are also custom engineered to fit the application and the industry. MTR’s administrative, research, and manufacturing facilities are located in Newark, California. The company has sales offices in Houston, Texas and Brussels, Belgium and sales agents worldwide. The company also has a technical and sales support office in Shanghai, China.
39630 Eureka DriveSan Francisco, CA