- This position is located in Greenbelt, MD
- The hourly rate is $17.51
- The core working hours are 7:00 am - 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Employees are eligible for overtime pay for any hours worked over 40 hours in a standard workweek should it be necessary.
** This position requires that the employee must successfully complete criminal history information background check and drug screening and be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
- Uses full-size mowing tractors (Bat Wings), including front-end loader, riding mowers, and broadcast spreaders
- Using tractor-mounted skid steer spreader, applies lime, fertilizer, grass seed, herbicides and pesticides.
- Performs large scale mowing of assigned work area
- Reports any abnormalities in trees, shrubs and grass
- Performs basic maintenance and cleaning of all tractors and attachments
- Reports any repairs/maintenance needed for tractors
- Plows snow as needed
- Follows all safety procedures
- Maintains lawn in conformance to the specifications of the contract
- Performs other landscape-related tasks as needed
- The incumbent must be able to stand/walk 50% of the work time and sit 50%. These requirements are necessary to operate tractor and vehicles and to perform grounds tasks, including pruning, weeding, and mulching; must be able to lift/carry/push/pull 100 pounds, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, and handle, in order to load and unload materials and equipment, maintain repairs of tractors and performs grounds tasks, including planting and cutting trees. He/she must be alert to safety hazards and must be able to communicate with other workers/supervisors; must possess good vision and be able to differentiate colors. Mainly work outside. Working conditions are subject to extreme temperature/weather conditions, dust, dirt, fumes, or flying objects (grass).
- One to two years tractor experience, preferably grounds-related. Prior experience with individuals with differing abilities and/or some supervisory experience desired. One or two years’ general landscape experience with some familiarity with pesticides desirable. Must have clean driving record.