Summary: The Territory Account Manager works on a diverse team within our Operations department. The TAM will secure loads from contracted customers, plan the loads on trucks to maximize productivity and profitability, monitor trailer pools and customer websites.
Melton Truck Lines recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, disability, age, veteran status and other protected statuses applicable by law.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following and other duties as assigned
- Solicit freight from customers on call-list, email or website
- Provide regional planning for all trucks and loads in the territory based on driver and load requirements
- Respond to customer requests for load status and equipment availability
- Receive load information from customers and enter it in the system accurately and timely
- Create and maintain customer, shipper, and consignee profiles
- Maintain daily communication with Regional Sales Representatives and Inside Sale
- Work with Inside Sales to secure and develop non-contracted freight options
- Balance needs of the customer against needs of the driver
- Responsible for booking freight to get driver’s routed for home time, the shop, training, etc
- Manage trailer pools within area for customers with dropped trailers
Hours: Monday- Friday 8-hour work day with a one-hour break, specific hours determined based on territory assignment.
Qualification Requirements: as follows:
Education/Experience: High school diploma and minimum 2 years work experience, customer service or restaurant preferred but not required
Special Training: Be familiar with computer programs like Microsoft Word and Excel. Innovative AS400 System experience preferred, but not required
Special Skills: Enjoy working with and communicating details, developing relationships and challenging yourself to be better every day!