IT Data Architect
Melton Truck Lines Tulsa, OK
- Expired: 22 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Summary: Applies expert and specialized knowledge to conceptualize and develop new techniques and concepts related to the architecture, design, integration, implementation, and support of the data warehouse, Power BI, and reporting. Recognized as the expert in database administration, data structure, report development and Power BI within the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Designs, develops, and supports solutions to a variety of complex or unusual problems or assignments requiring independent judgment and ingenuity.
2. Develops strong relationships with both the business community and the Information Technology organization and deep understanding of current business processes and industry best practices. Works collaboratively with the business community and Information Technology colleagues to define an enterprise technical architecture supporting the organization.
3. Monitor the database performance and evaluate complex information coming from a variety of sources.
4. Install and maintain the performance of database servers.
5. Create reports and/or Microsoft PowerBI Dashboards for various business units throughout the organization.
6. Collaborate with team members to collect and analyze data.
7. Use graphs, infographics and other methods to visualize data
8. Structure large data sets to find usable information
9. Reporting and data visualization skills using software like PowerBI
10. Understanding of data warehousing and ETL techniques
11. Establish KPIs to measure the effectiveness of business decisions
12. Collaborate with team members to collect and analyze data
13. Develop processes for optimizing database security.
14. Set and maintain database standards
15. Manage database access
16. Performance tuning of database systems
17. Install, upgrade, and manage database applications.
18. Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
19. Recommend and implement emerging database technologies.
20. Create and manage database reports, visualizations, and dashboards.
21. Create automation for repeating database tasks.
22. Knowledge of data gathering, cleaning and transforming techniques
23. Be available for on-call support as needed.
• Education and/or Experience: Qualified candidates will possess a 2 or 4-year college degree in Technology, Business or equivalent work experience.
• Knowledge & Skills: Strong command of SQL and SQL server tools. Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards. Understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling. PowerShell and Unix shell scripting skills. Strong mathematical and statistical knowledge. Familiar with IBM and Db2. Knowledge and understand of Microsoft Power BI visuals using R is a plus.
• Physical Demands: It is necessary to talk, hear, sit, write, type. It is occasionally necessary to lift up to 25 lbs.
• Travel: Minimal travel required.
Melton is a premium over the road flat bed trucking company based out of Tulsa, OK. We have over 1400 trucks and 350+ office employees.
Melton Truck Lines
Between our brand new gym, delicious cafe, and all the wonderful employees, you won't even know you're at work. Whether you have years of industry experience or are just starting your career, Melton has the opportunities for you. Our family culture and open communication creates an ideal work environment. Not to mention great pay and benefits! We invest in our employees and help them find the right path. From sales, HR, accounting, management and marketing to facilities, landscaping and the shop, Melton has a fun and challenging position for everyone. Find your path, apply now! Melton is a premium over the road flat bed trucking company based out of Tulsa, OK. We have over 1400 trucks and 350+ office employees.
808 N 161st AveTulsa, OK