Plans and directs activities concerned with the development, application, and maintenance of Quality Standards to achieve company goals and objectives. Provide problem solving leadership to the organization. Directing and implementing continuous improvement activity. Monitoring key measurement data for trend analysis and making suggestions for improvement.
· Support directives and compliant activities from the Director of Quality Assurance to strive for continuous quality improvement and customer satisfaction
· Lead and assist Quality Management with internal containment activities
· Develop and maintain a professional working relationship with all levels of the organization and with the customer
· Provide daily Quality Engineering support for production teams and the engineering staff on gage issues, quarantining NCM, troubleshooting both customer and manufacturing issues
· Coordinate and perform system and manufacturing process audits
· Able to understand, prepare and implement quality related systems including but not limited to APQP, PFMEA, Control Plans, Flow Charting, PPAP, SPC, and MSA
· Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities
· Investigates and coordinates activities as they relate to customer quality complaints in order to solve issues and prevent re-occurrence
· Maintain and update any quality documentation needed by the quality management system
· Devises sampling procedures, designs and develops forms and instructions for recording evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data
· Knowledgeable of and supports Human Resource, Quality and Safety/Environmental policies & practices. Strives for continuous improvement in their area of expertise and job function that results in better cost, quality, or functionality of the products we deliver to our customers
· Promote good employee relations and high morale
· Demonstrate teamwork and respect by working constructively with co-workers to achieve the best results possible
· All other duties assigned by the supervisor or department manager
· May supervise one or more subordinates in the Quality Department when necessary. Performs supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Experience and working knowledge of the IATF 16949 and ISO 14001 standards
· Two (2) to Four (4) years’ of related experience
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
· Work in a manufacturing environment
· Exposure to heat, loud noise, dust, odors, dirt/dust and fumes
· Frequently stand, walk, push, pull, reach, and grasp
· Frequently lift and lower up to 50 pounds. Assistance is required when lifting over 50 pounds
· Frequently carry up to 50 pounds. Assistance is required when lifting over 50 pounds
Melling serves the global transportation original equipment and aftermarket segments and is noted for its world class engineering, product development and distribution capabilities.
Melling Tool CompanyMelling is a leading manufacturer of fluid pumps including oil, water and fuel pumps for gas, diesel, transmission and hybrid applications as well as other powertrain components to the worldwide transportation industry. Melling serves the global transportation original equipment and aftermarket segments and is noted for its world class engineering, product development and distribution capabilities.