Director of IT
Melling Tool Company Jackson, MI
- Posted: over a month ago
- $90,000 to $110,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Directs and coordinates development and production activities of the IT Department. Devising and establishing IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management.
ESSENTAIL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Required to be proficient or have strong working knowledge in all phases of network administration
· Consults with Senior Management and Department Heads to support hardware and software needs for management information and functional operations, to determine scope and priorities of projects, and to discuss system capacity and equipment acquisitions
· Aware of technology trends and benefits to Melling
· Develops all department employees in their interpersonal skills and technical knowledge
· Recommends and develops plans for systems development and operations, hardware and software purchases, budgets, and staffing
· Negotiates and researches best vendor sources for all network hardware and software purchases
· Negotiates and contracts with consultants, technical personnel, and vendors for services and products, to include maintenance and support contracts
· Ensures state-of-the-art cybersecurity and network solutions are in place to guarantee highest level of data Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability
· Directly supervises 4 employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training and firing employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Also functions in a supervisory role over third-party vendors used by Melling to support various IT functions.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Bachelor’s degree in computer-related field or several years’ experience managing employees within an IT environment
· Computer certifications from Microsoft, CompTIA, or other certifying bodies, or equivalent required
· ITIL Certification preferred
· IBM AS400 experience desirable, but not required
· Advanced proven computer skills and experience required
· Very strong communication skills in order to clearly explain options and solutions
· Ten or more years’ experience working in a Cybersecurity-aware environment
Melling serves the global transportation original equipment and aftermarket segments and is noted for its world class engineering, product development and distribution capabilities.
Melling Tool Company
Melling is a leading manufacturer of fluid pumps including oil, water and fuel pumps for gas, diesel, transmission and hybrid applications as well as other powertrain components to the worldwide transportation industry. Melling serves the global transportation original equipment and aftermarket segments and is noted for its world class engineering, product development and distribution capabilities.
2620 Saradan DriveJackson, MI