Melia Orlando Suite Hotel Celebration, FL
- Expired: October 17, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
Melia Orlando Celebration Hotel
In a company as large as your world, all that’s missing is YOU.
If you join Meliá Hotels International, you will immediately be empowered to enhance the experience of every guest. We put the emphasis on having a qualified team of people working in an environment where flexibility, motivation, commitment, involvement and enthusiasm prevail. We work together to grow in a company that is the leader not only in our different lines of business but also in people management, one of our main foundations. For those reasons and because we know that you are talented, ambitious, and are seeking to grow and improve as a professional, we are inviting you to come and achieve your dream with us!
Meliá Hotels International is the world’s largest resort hotel company in the world. With 350 hotels worldwide, and growing, the company has been firmly committed to international development.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- 1) Prepares and serves hot and cold beverages, such as coffee, blended coffee, and tea, to patrons; correctly customizes orders as requested.
- 2) Greet all guests with an upbeat, genuine, and helpful manner to nurture an excellent guest experience.
- 3) Take beverage and food orders as per the standards/procedure of the hotel.
- 4) Prepare beverages quickly and efficiently for service to guests and present food according to establish health and standards.
- 5) Utilize up-selling skills to maximize revenues.
- 6) Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, prices, preparation method/time, major ingredients and quality standards of taste, appearance, and texture, serving temperature, portion size, garnish and method of presentation.
- 7) Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- 8) Maintain complete knowledge and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures.
- 10) Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned area.
- 11) Organize assigned station and ensure readiness prior to guest arrival.
- 12) Review daily specials and maintain awareness of menu items throughout the shift.
- 13) When assigned, take phone orders utilizing suggestive selling techniques.
- 14) Record order of guest following departmental service procedures.
- 15) Input order into system and ensure transmission of food orders is verified by kitchen when assigned to do so.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests even when busy.
- 16) Cleans and sanitizes all equipment, utensils, dishes, and work areas
- 17) Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- 18) Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- 19) Handle guest complaints and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- 20) Handle food objects, bus trays/tubs, plates, glasses etc.
- 21) Present guest checks; process payments.
- 22) Adhere to payment, cash handling and credit policies/procedures.
- 23) Collect and report tips at the end of the assigned shift.
- 24) Perform pre and post shift side work assignments.
- 25) Successful completion of the training/certification process.
- 26) Attend all trainings and daily, weekly and/or monthly meetings.
- 1) Minimum of 18 years of age.
- 2) Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English (verbal and written) with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
- 3) Ability to provide legible communication.
- 4) Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- 5) Regular attendance at the hotel.
- 1) High school graduate, some college.
- 2) Ability to communicate in a second language preferably Spanish.
- 6) Certification in C.P.R.
- 7) Experience in same and/or similar position in a hotel/resort.
Note that the foregoing qualifications are minimum essential requirements and there may be other requirements that arise based on business need.