Meissner Jacquet is seeking an Office Administrator to join our Property Management Team. This position will perform clerical and administrative functions and support property management in order to drive company success. This is an entry-level position that is fast-paced, customer service oriented, servicing tenant and vendor matters as well as providing support to HR and Operations. If you are a recent or soon to be college graduate and/or have real estate courses and commercial property experience please apply!
Reports to: Human Resources / Office Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt, full-time
Summary: The position assists the HR / Office Manager with special projects as needed, while also performing a series of regularly assigned duties as listed below. They may speak with fellow employees, clients, vendors, and tenants during their employment, and should comport themselves with a high level of professionalism at all times. They may be privy to confidential information and should be able to keep the information to themselves. This position will have a widely varied set of duties, which may change on very short notice.
Office Administrator Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary coverage for all incoming phones. Excellent phone skills, efficiently and accurately transfer calls to appropriate manager/administrator
- Greets all guests with and warm, upbeat and efficient manner.
- Accept delivery, open, sort and code all incoming mail during the designated time
- MJ Event Coordinator
- Oversees the scheduling and arrangements for meetings, classes, preparing presentations, setting up SmartBoard, scheduling, ordering lunches, etc.
- Assists in overseeing setup and breakdown for meetings and re-setting conference rooms as needed.
- Maintains Meissner Jacquet employee break area. To include receipt, stocking and continued maintenance of ordered products as well as loading employee dishwasher nightly.
- POC for Genesis Plaza tenants under the direction of the Real Estate Manager.
- Switch over phones on early release dates.
- Assist with basic HR duties:
- Scheduling Interviews for prospective employees
- Rejection letters
- Track organization (IREM, ICSC, etc.) memberships for all levels of RE Managers, VP’s and Principals to ensure current status, notify 30-days prior to expiration.
- Track and re-order postage as needed.
- Track to ensure proper service and maintain appropriate relationships with vendors, such as coffee, water filter, vending machine, copiers, etc. to ensure maximum service level.
- Track employee DMV records
- Track employee auto insurance
- Track real estate licenses
- Schedule vendor Lunch and Learns as requested
- Post signage and party swag for employee birthdays and anniversaries
- Review Corporate invoices for accuracy on work/products you order
- Verify property assignments & Answering Service information as directed.
- Forward answering service emails to the proper team each morning as needed.
- Regularly walk the supply room to ensure supplies are organized and fully stocked. Reorder per approval.
- Provide troubleshooting on copier issues. Ensure that timely service occurs.
- Research for various projects as needed / Special Provisions work.
- Be a member of the Events Committee and act as a liaison for HR/Office Manager
- Order gifts, floral arrangements, and catering.
- Assist Principals and VP’s with correspondence projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Back-up to Lead Office Administrator Responsibilities:
- Assist Property Managers with New Property processing:
- Welcome Letters
- Vendor Service Agreements
- Notify answering service and update listing
- Order credit reports for new tenants.
- Assist CPM department with projects as needed
- Assist Systems and Project Administrator:
- POC of Insurance Tracking and Compliance Vendor
- Provide CPM Department with Monthly Insurance Reports
- Update Vendor Insurance Expirations in Yardi on change
- Manage access card system
- Assist Business Development Manager with projects as needed, including (but not limited to):
- Proposals in InDesign
- Management Agreements
- Scheduling of meetings
- Birthday and Holiday gift orders and preparation
- Preparing and ordering Holiday cards
- Other duties as assigned
Office related skills required (include but are not limited to):
- Typing speed of 40 wpm or greater
- 10-key preferred
- Excellent grammar, spelling and punctuation skills
- Proofreading for accuracy
- Ability to compose professional correspondence and track time spent on responsibilities.
- Articulate, with strong phone personality
- Excellent MS Office suite skills, to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Yardi experience preferred
- High level of comfort with computer hardware and software
General Performance Requirements:
- High School graduate or equivalent, college degree preferred
- Previous commercial property management experience or completed real estate courses
- Excellent attendance
- Ability to read, write and speak English (excellent communication skills)
- High level of discretion regarding confidential information
- Fully operational and insurable automobile
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Clean driving record and full-coverage auto insurance
- Ability to work occasional overtime
Hours of Work:
- Meissner Jacquet’s office hours are from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. This position will be expected to be in the office during those hours unless otherwise scheduled.
- No extensive travel is required. Driving may be required for short trips, such as special deliveries or pick-ups. An automobile with current liability insurance is required for this position.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others and exchange accurate information; operate a computer and other office productivity machinery; move about the workplace; remain in a stationary position for up to 90% of the time; ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs., ability to climb up to 2 flights of stairs, and extend hands and arms in any direction.