- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Meissner Commercial Real Estate Services is a full-service commercial real estate management firm located in San Diego, servicing Southern California. We focus on providing proactive, professional and personalized service that goes beyond the expected to help our clients succeed. We are currently seeking a Property Assistant.
Our staff is comprised of dedicated professionals who have achieved high marks in commercial real estate, and share strong academic and professional credentials. We are constantly working to take our clients and services to the next level and always looking for top-level candidates who can help us to achieve continued success.
Summary: Provide administrative support to the Real Estate Manager and Property Teams in order to ensure efficient operation of the portfolio. Responsible for maintaining the day to day relationships with customer contacts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully.
- Answer and direct all incoming phone calls and emails. Provide assistance when possible and route calls and emails to appropriate employees.
· Scan leases, contracts, tax bills, insurance policies and other important documents to appropriate property folders, ensure property folders are kept organized and documents are filed in appropriate sub folders.
· Prepare general correspondence and memos.
· Prepare and manage transition checklists for all incoming and outgoing properties.
· Assist with Tenant lease compliance, at the direction of the Real Estate Manager or Senior REM. This includes HVAC issues, tenant bill backs, gross sales reporting, etc.
· Prepare service agreements and work orders at the direction of Real Estate Manager.
· Prepare and follow up on RFP’s (requests for proposals) as directed by Manager or Senior.
· Communicate with tenants for scheduled maintenance as well as other tenant issues.
· Complete various other special projects as assigned.
· Respond to maintenance requests and prepare work orders and/or purchase orders for service needs and ensure they are completed, tracked, and closed out to tenant’s satisfaction.
· Follow up on “no work order” and incorrect “bill to” invoices and work with vendors to ensure each invoice has corresponding PO.
· Assist in coordinating move in/move out activities for tenants including updating records in Yardi, sending out Welcome Letters, Tenant Emergency contact sheets, and set up in CertFocus.
· Verify insurance requirements for tenants and vendors; compile and work with CertFocus to obtain necessary information. Advise Manager when requests have been exhausted and further action is necessary.
· Update and maintain property information, including tenant and vendor lists in Yardi, shared drive, Outlook distribution lists, and physical property files.
· Time tracking as required.
· Assist in the preparation of annual property operating budget, including setting up budget files, obtaining information from vendors for anticipated increases and/or recommended services.
· Once the budget is complete, prepare budget package for delivery to client.
· Assist in preparation of monthly/quarterly financial reports, copying, binding, and mailing (or electronic versions of same) reports to clients as directed. Track deadlines to insure reports are delivered timely.
- Prepare delinquency reports for Real Estate Manager/Senior Manager review, and prepare delinquency notices, and Notices to Pay or Quit and 30-Day Notices as directed.
· Assist in preparation of CAM estimates and CAM reconciliations letters. Update corporate tracking sheets.
· Prepare and send Bill Back Letters to tenants as instructed by Real Estate Manager.
· Assist with new vendor set up including collecting w-9, compiling vendor set up form, running OFAC report, and forwarding to that property’s AP representative, with a cc: to MCRES CertFocus compliance administrator. Once a vendor number is assigned, ensure set up in CertFocus.
· Front desk coverage as required.
· Pursue continuing education with eLearning as directed by MCRES standards.
· Other related tasks as requested.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); At least a two-year college degree preferred and/or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must be detailed oriented.
· Must be resourceful in order to obtain pertinent details and anticipate what is required to complete all facets of the job.
· Excellent references.
· Very strong computer skills required, including proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat.
· Experience with Yardi or other real estate management software preferred.
- 1 or 2 years of previous experience as a commercial property coordinator or assistant experience preferred.
Critical Skills & Attributes To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
Computer Skills: Baseline proficiency including, but not limited to, Yardi, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat and other software deemed necessary by the Organization. Tested prior to hire and expected to learn other position-related systems on the job.
Reasoning: Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills. Makes recommendations supported by appropriate research and analysis.
Organizational Ability: Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives. Communicates changes and progress to supervisor(s); maintains an active awareness of and conformance with productivity standards and required deadlines; follows policies and procedures; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Self-starter, requiring minimal oversight.
Communication - Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions and correspondence and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from prospective and current clients, coworkers and/or supervisor(s). Ability to effectively present information to external groups, internal department, and/or large groups of employees.
Professionalism - Reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments. Excellent customer service skills required.
Collaboration - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
The work environment and physical demands described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
Work Environment & Physical Demands: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands or fingers to handle or feel, talk, and hear, and occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms, and lift.
Benefits Meissner Jacquét values our employees' time and efforts. Our commitment to their success is enhanced by our competitive salary and our extensive benefits package including: paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, and future growth opportunities within the company.
Qualified applicants apply today!
Our staff is comprised of dedicated professionals who have achieved high marks in commercial real estate, and share strong academic and professional credentials. We are constantly working to take our clients and services to the next level and always looking for top-level candidates who can help us to achieve continued success. We are looking for thoughtful, well-rounded, property managers to join our team. This position is for you if you love working in a fast-paced environment, are a self-starter, and think that commercial property management is more than just a job.
Meissner Commercial Real Estate ServicesWhy Work Here?
Core Values: Integrity, Excellence, Personal Growth, Teamwork
Meissner Commercial Real Estate Services is a full-service commercial and residential real estate management firm located in San Diego, servicing Southern California. We focus on providing proactive, professional and personalized service that goes beyond the expected to help our clients succeed. Our staff is comprised of dedicated professionals who have achieved high marks in commercial real estate, and share strong academic and professional credentials. We are constantly working to take our clients and services to the next level and always looking for top-level candidates who can help us to achieve continued success. We are looking for thoughtful, well-rounded, administrative support to join our team. This position is for you if you love working in a fast-paced environment, are a self-starter, and think that commercial property support is more than just a job.
4995 Murphy Canyon RoadSan Diego, CA
Real EstateView all jobs at Meissner Commercial Real Estate Services