Asset Manager Commercial Real Estate
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Position Title: Asset Manager
Reports To: Executive Vice President (EVP)
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full-Time
Our firm provides property management services throughout San Diego for office, retail and industrial properties. For the most part, our property sizes range from 30,000 to 300,000 sq. ft. Our multi-tenant portfolio size is 6,000,000 sq ft. Our Owner Association portfolio is 10,000,000 sq ft. The Asset Management position within Meissner CRES provides existing client services such as lease renewals, overseeing third-party leasing agents, construction management, project management, acquisition due diligence, financial underwiring, loan refinancing, and overseeing third-party agents in sale listings.
The position works under the direction of the Executive Vice President (EVP) who is responsible for asset management services and transactions, in addition to maintaining our client relationships during the life of our service contract. The Asset Manager position derives its transactional business from several sources within the company such as a) lease renewals, tenant improvements, and capital projects within a Senior Portfolio Managers group of assets b) expertise in particular transaction types and c) identifying new income-generating opportunities and strategies to our Clients and Senior Portfolio Managers.
As a result of the above, the Asset Manager is a portfolio team member and income generator, with a high degree of knowledge and expertise in transactional commercial real estate. This position requires a confident, self-motivated, analytical, team-oriented person who is articulate and demonstrates excellent presentation and communication skills. The individual must have a strong understanding of commercial real estate financial principles, financial worksheets, CAM, capitalization concepts and a desire to excel professionally and grow. Key areas of responsibility include client relations, lease negotiations, financial analysis justifying lease rate and tenant improvement allowance,
lease document preparation, capital markets awareness, knowledge of property operations, project management, and construction management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Leasing of office, retail, industrial and life science space, primarily in San Diego.
• Development and implementation of real estate strategies to optimize asset performance.
• Site selection and all aspects of acquisition due diligence, debt, and escrow processes.
• Interface and present to C Suite clients of MCRES in business development and sales capacity.
• Providing financial analysis for all product types of commercial real estate.
• Project and Construction Management including tenant and capital improvements, and property repositioning efforts.
• Advising clients on best practices and financial decisions.
• Understanding loan document terminology, requirements, and liabilities.
• Re-financing existing loans.
• High-level understanding of Company and Property Income/Expense Statements and Balance Sheets.
• In-depth understanding of financial and operational reports provided by MCRES property managers.
• Exhibit self-start personality characteristics and at the same time, exhibit strong team member interaction and building of trust among team members.
• Must interface and collaborate well with others. Must not be a steamroller within a team or the company.
• Must have personal drive and ambition to make the position more than it is when you begin.
• Local real estate knowledge and experience is a requirement and give the right candidate the edge in terms of understanding market, and submarket conditions.
• Must have a network of local industry contacts (investment and leasing brokers, investment managers, loan brokers, institutional, and non-institutional landlords).
• Minimum of 10 years of asset-level experience, preferably working for an ownership entity or third-party commercial services company.
• Must exhibit a high level of professional etiquette while interacting with employees, team members, outside professionals, and tenants.
• Display integrity, loyalty, confidentiality, and professionalism always with co-workers and clients.
• Other duties as assigned
• Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture.
• Achieve the goals and deadlines established by the Executive Team.
• Provide strategic advice to Executive Team for improvement in MCRES strategies.
• Actively engage in training and development of personal skills.
• Be a constant learner and bring existing experience to the team.
• Must maintain a professional appearance by following company policy.
• Adhere to company policy regarding regular and punctual attendance.
• Ability to deal with a multiplicity of demands and projects on an ongoing basis.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment of changing priorities and to maintain accuracy, attention to detail, and work effectively under pressure.
• Execute all duties to completion according to departmental guidelines and within designated timelines.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including tact, diplomacy, and flexibility to interact and maintain working relationships with clients, team members, tenants, and vendors.
• Minimum of ten (10) years of real estate transactional experience.
• California Real Estate License (salesperson or Broker) in good standing.
• College degree in business, economics, statistics, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated executive-level knowledge of Commercial Property Management.
• Proven ability and experience in conducting lease negotiations and documentation, loan document review and negotiation, and legal contracts relating to real estate, construction, and vendor services.
• High level of analytical, mathematical, and decision-making skills to interpret and negotiate financial and legal contracts.
• Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• A problem-solving mindset and ability to troubleshoot.
• Excellent customer service, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Word; Excel; Argus Financial Software, Internet software, Outlook, and Yardi is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others and exchange accurate information; operate a computer and other office productivity machinery; move about the workplace; remain in a stationary position for up to 30% of the time; and extend hands and arms in any direction.
Our staff is comprised of dedicated professionals who have achieved high marks in commercial real estate, and share strong academic and professional credentials. We are constantly working to take our clients and services to the next level and always looking for top-level candidates who can help us to achieve continued success. We are looking for thoughtful, well-rounded, administrative support to join our team. This position is for you if you love working in a fast-paced environment, are a self-starter, and think that commercial property support is more than just a job.
Meissner Commercial Real Estate ServicesWhy Work Here?
Core Values: Integrity, Excellence, Personal Growth, Teamwork
Meissner Commercial Real Estate Services is a full-service commercial and residential real estate management firm located in San Diego, servicing Southern California. We focus on providing proactive, professional and personalized service that goes beyond the expected to help our clients succeed. Our staff is comprised of dedicated professionals who have achieved high marks in commercial real estate, and share strong academic and professional credentials. We are constantly working to take our clients and services to the next level and always looking for top-level candidates who can help us to achieve continued success. We are looking for thoughtful, well-rounded, administrative support to join our team. This position is for you if you love working in a fast-paced environment, are a self-starter, and think that commercial property support is more than just a job.
4995 Murphy Canyon RoadSan Diego, CA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Meissner Commercial Real Estate Services