You're serious about your career, and rest assured you've come to the right place. At Meineke, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our shop is among the top performers in the nation. We are high performers and we are looking for other high performers that are motivated to drive sales and provide exceptional customer service.
The Service Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards. S/he also will oversee the work of any apprentice technician assigned to him/her.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Receive repair orders from the manager/writer and take to the bay.
· Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
· Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repairs.
· Communicate with the manager/writer to obtain needed parts.
· Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
· Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
· Notify service advisor immediately if additional work outlined is not needed or required.
· Notify service advisor immediately if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
· Document all work performed.
· Road-test vehicles when required or refer to the test technician, keeping in mind that the customer vehicle should not be used for personal errands.
· Supervise work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
· Attend shop-sponsored training classes.
· Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
· Ensure that customers' cars are kept clean.
· Keep shop area neat, clean, and be able to account for all dealership owned tools at all times.
· Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
· Must follow all company safety policies and procedures and immediately report any and all accidents to the manager or supervisor.
· ASE training. a PLUS
· High school diploma or the equivalent.
· Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
· Manual dexterity.
· Good Judgment.
· All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA.
· All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner.
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our many internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, Holidays off, and OFF EVERY SUNDAY. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.
Meineke Car Care Centers
Why Work Here?Since Meineke first started, we’ve worked to create a network of friendly, locally-owned shops led by true car care pros. From employment opportunities to financing options, learn more about what Meineke can offer you!
Family owned business; Friendly and stress free environment. Competitive pay plan.