Automotive Service Writer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you a highly trained Service Writer or Manager who has been affected by the COVID-19 crisis?
Meineke Car Care is seeking a motivated, performance-driven Service Writers to join our team. This family-owned and operated location has retained all staff through the crisis and is looking for proven Service Writers to handle the increased volume. Must be a self-starter, have excellent people skills, phone skills, and computer skills. Must be customer service-oriented. Automotive background/experience not necessary but interest is preferred. Here at Meineke, we believe in an incentive-based pay structure. Those with high productivity will be compensated accordingly, the sky is the limit!
Terms to be discussed with the applicant and are dependent on experience level.
Responsibilities / Duties
· Put the customer first. Go above and beyond to WOW the customer
· Maintain "YES COMPANY" atmosphere. Find ways to say yes to customers and ensure they leave satisfied
· Follow company procedures for welcoming customers & checking them in for service, gathering information, explaining the inspection process, and collecting signed work orders before any work is done
· Follow company procedures for educating customers on inspection results for their vehicles, communicating the benefits and value of any needed work, answering any questions, and performing any needed repairs
· Follow company procedures for checking out customers – reviewing any work done, seeking feedback, scheduling follow-ups, etc.
· Proactively communicate with customers throughout their visits to the center. Keep them informed, manage issues as they arise
· Verify that inspections are being performed consistently and accurately on all vehicles. Spot-check & maintain training on inspection procedures as needed
· Follow up on any outstanding customer issues or complaints; ensure that they are resolved satisfactorily
· Manage daily customer callback process to ensure calls are being made & appointments are being set
· Meet weekly and monthly sales goals
· Proactively generate appointments to increase sales
· Assist in planning and executing appointments as needed to drive sales and meet center goals
· Follow company phone procedures at all times, including daily role-play to maintain skills
· Maintain detailed knowledge of point-of-sale system. Be able to build a repair ticket quickly and efficiently
· Order parts from approved vendors in a timely manner; track arrival and verify with the technician immediately to ensure parts are correct
· Verify full documentation on every ticket – inspection sheet, estimates, work orders, final invoice, battery test form, etc.
· Accurately enter pricing and cost of goods into point-of-sale system on every ticket
· Proactively work to maintain a clean, comfortable and professional store image at all times
· Assist as needed in any regular store maintenance
· Handle cores, returns, inventory deliveries, and other center upkeep tasks as requested
· Perform closing duties as needed (close day in point-of-sale system, bank deposits, cash audits, etc.)
Teamwork / Culture
· Be a team player. Help other people meet their goals
· Train & teach new team members as needed
· Contribute to a positive, productive team environment
· Maintain a positive, productive culture among all center team members
· Encourage teamwork, positivity, and accountability among all team members
Qualifications / Skills
· 5+ years of experience as sales / customer service leader. Ability to think creatively when dealing with customers
· Experience in the automotive industry·
· Experience working with point-of-sale software or complex Windows software
· Excellent people and phone skills
· Proactive self-starter
· Ability to multi-task
Meineke Car Care CentersWhy Work Here?
Meineke Car Care is a family-run franchise with the marketing and branding advantages of a national chain.
Meineke Centers are owned and operated by an independent franchisee. Each Meineke franchisee is an independent employer and thus solely responsible for hiring decisions and all other employment-related matters for the Franchisee's Centers. Any employment-related questions regarding a franchise center should be directed to the franchisee.