We are looking for motivated, performance-driven store service adviser to join a large national automotive repair & maintenance chain with nearly 1,000 stores. Must be a self-starter, have excellent people skills, phone skills and computer skills. Must be customer service-oriented.
Responsibilities / Duties
· Put the customer first. Go above and beyond to WOW the customer
· Maintain "YES COMPANY" atmosphere. Find ways to say yes to customers and ensure they leave satisfied
· Follow company procedures for welcoming customers & checking them in for service, gathering information, explaining the inspection process, and collecting signed work orders before any work is done
· Follow company procedures for educating customers on inspection results for their vehicles, communicating the benefits and value of any needed work, answering any questions, and performing any needed repairs
· Follow company procedures for checking out customers – reviewing any work done, seeking feedback, scheduling follow-ups, etc.
· Proactively communicate with customers throughout their visits to the center. Keep them informed, manage issues as they arise
· Verify that inspections are being performed consistently and accurately on all vehicles. Spot-check & maintain training on inspection procedures as needed
· Follow up on any outstanding customer issues or complaints; ensure that they are resolved satisfactorily
· Manage daily customer callback process to ensure calls are being made & appointments are being set
· Proactively generate appointments to increase sales
· Assist in planning and executing appointments as needed to drive sales and meet center goals
· Ensure proper coverage of the phones throughout the day.
· Answer calls with a positive attitude to turn callers into customers.
· Maintain detailed knowledge of point-of-sale system. Be able to build a repair ticket quickly and efficiently
· Order parts from approved vendors in a timely manner; track arrival and verify with technician immediately to ensure parts are correct
· Verify full documentation on every ticket – inspection sheet, estimates, work orders, final invoice, battery test form, etc.
· Accurately enter pricing and cost of goods into point-of-sale system on every ticket
· Proactively work to maintain clean, comfortable and professional store image at all times
· Assist as needed in any regular store maintenance
· Perform closing duties as needed (close day in point-of-sale system, bank deposits, cash audits, etc.)
Teamwork / Culture
· Be a team player. Help other people meet their goals
· If you see something that needs to be done, do it without being asked
· Train & teach new team members as needed
· Contribute to a positive, productive team environment
· Maintain a positive, productive culture among all center team members
· Encourage teamwork, positivity, and accountability among all team members
Qualifications / Skills
· Customer service leader. Ability to think creatively when dealing with customers
· Experience working with point-of-sale software or complex Windows software
· Excellent people and phone skills
· Proactive self-starter
· Ability to multi-task
· Interest in automotive industry