Automotive Service Manager
Meineke Car Care Centers Mechanicsburg, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are looking for motivated, performance-driven service advisors to join a national automotive repair & maintenance center. Must be a self-starter, have excellent people skills, phone skills, and computer skills. Must be customer service-oriented. Automotive background/experience necessary
Responsibilities / Duties
- Maintain "YES COMPANY" atmosphere. Find ways to say yes to customers and ensure they leave satisfied
- Follow company procedures for welcoming customers & checking them in for service, gathering information, explaining the inspection process, and collecting signed work orders before any work is done
- Follow company procedures for educating customers on inspection results for their vehicles, communicating the benefits and value of any needed work, answering any questions, and performing any needed repairs
- Follow company procedures for checking out customers – reviewing any work done, seeking feedback, scheduling follow-ups, etc.
- Proactively communicate with customers throughout their visits to the center. Keep them informed, manage issues as they arise
- Verify that inspections are being performed consistently and accurately on all vehicles. Spot-check & maintain training on inspection procedures as needed
- Follow up on any outstanding customer issues or complaints; ensure that they are resolved satisfactorily
- Manage daily customer callback process to ensure calls are being made & appointments are being set
- Proactively generate appointments to increase sales
- Assist in planning and executing appointments as needed to drive sales and meet center goals
- Follow company phone procedures at all times, including daily role-play to maintain skills
- Listen to recorded calls on a regular basis; identify areas for improvement
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the point-of-sale system. Be able to build a repair ticket quickly and efficiently
- Order parts from approved vendors in a timely manner; track arrival and verify with technicians immediately to ensure parts are correct
- Verify full documentation on every ticket – inspection sheet, estimates, work orders, final invoice, battery test form, etc.
- Accurately enter pricing and cost of goods into the point-of-sale system on every ticket
- Proactively work to maintain a clean, comfortable and professional store image at all times
- Assist as needed in any regular store maintenance
- Handle cores, returns, inventory deliveries, and other center upkeep tasks as requested
- Perform closing duties as needed (close day in point-of-sale system, bank deposits, cash audits, etc.)
Teamwork / Culture
- Be a team player. Help other people meet their goals
- Train & teach new team members as needed
- Contribute to a positive, productive team environment
- Maintain a positive, productive culture among all center team members
- Encourage teamwork, positivity, and accountability among all team members
Qualifications / Skills
- Experience working with point-of-sale software
- Excellent people and phone skills
- Proactive self-starter
- Ability to multi-task
- Interest in the automotive industry
*Many Meineke Centers are owned and operated by an independent franchisee. Each Meineke franchisee is an independent employer and thus solely responsible for hiring decisions and all other employment-related matters for their business. Any employment-related questions regarding a franchise center should be directed to the franchisee.
Meineke Car Care CentersWhy Work Here?
Our compensation will be competitive based on your experience and abilities. We will pay you what you are worth!
Meineke Centers are owned and operated by an independent franchisee. Each Meineke franchisee is an independent employer and thus solely responsible for hiring decisions and all other employment-related matters for the Franchisee's Centers. Any employment-related questions regarding a franchise center should be directed to the franchisee.