Automotive Service Advisor
Meineke Car Care Centers Newport News, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Must be a self-starter, have excellent people skills, phone skills and computer skills. Must be customer service-oriented. Automotive background experience not necessary but interest is preferred. Here at Meineke we believe in an incentive based pay structure. Those with high productivity will be compensated accordingly, the sky is the limit!
Responsibilities / Duties
- Put the customer first. Go above and beyond to WOW the customer
- Maintain "YES COMPANY" atmosphere. Find ways to say yes to customers and ensure they leave satisfied
- Follow company procedures for welcoming customers & checking them in for service, gathering information, explaining the inspection process, and collecting signed work orders before any work is done
- Follow company procedures for educating customers on inspection results for their vehicles, communicating the benefits and value of any needed work, answering any questions, and performing any needed repairs
- Follow company procedures for checking out customers – reviewing any work done, seeking feedback, scheduling follow-ups, etc.
- Proactively communicate with customers throughout their visits to the center. Keep them informed, manage issues as they arise
- Verify that inspections are being performed consistently and accurately on all vehicles. Spot-check & maintain training on inspection procedures as needed
- Follow up on any outstanding customer issues or complaints; ensure that they are resolved satisfactorily
- Manage daily customer callback process to ensure calls are being made & appointments are being set
- Meet weekly and monthly sales goals
- Proactively generate appointments to increase sales
- Assist in planning and executing appointments as needed to drive sales and meet center goals
- Follow company phone procedures at all times, including daily role-play to maintain skills
- Listen to company phone calls for training purposes on a weekly basis
- Provide feedback to all associates on phone procedures
- Maintain detailed knowledge of point-of-sale system. Be able to build a repair ticket quickly and efficiently
- Order parts from approved vendors in a timely manner; track arrival and verify with technician immediately to ensure parts are correct
- Verify full documentation on every ticket – inspection sheet, estimates, work orders, final invoice, battery test form, etc.
- Accurately enter pricing and cost of goods into point-of-sale system on every ticket
- Perform closing duties as needed (close day in point-of-sale system, bank deposits, cash audits, etc.)
Teamwork / Culture
- Be a team player. Help other people meet their goals
- Train & teach new team members as needed
- Contribute to a positive, productive team environment
- Maintain a positive, productive culture among all center team members
- Encourage teamwork, positivity, and accountability among all team members
Qualifications / Skills
- Ability to think creatively when dealing with customers
- Experience working with point-of-sale software or complex Windows software
- Excellent people and phone skills
- Proactive self-starter
- Ability to multi-task
- Interest in automotive industry
- Ability to lift 50 pounds as related to working in the shop
“Many Meineke Centers are owned and operated by an independent franchisee. Each Meineke franchisee is an independent employer and thus solely responsible for hiring decisions and all other employment-related matters for the franchisee’s Center(s). Any employment-related questions regarding a franchise center should be directed to the franchisee.”
Meineke Car Care CentersWhy Work Here?
Our compensation will be competitive based on your experience and abilities. We will pay you what you are worth!
Meineke Centers are owned and operated by an independent franchisee. Each Meineke franchisee is an independent employer and thus solely responsible for hiring decisions and all other employment-related matters for the Franchisee's Centers. Any employment-related questions regarding a franchise center should be directed to the franchisee.
AddressNewport News, VA