Automotive General Manager Multi-Location
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
A high volume Multi-Center automotive repair facility is seeking a motivated, performance driven General Manager to lead our team. This family owned and operated location wants a manager with a proven track record to handle the increase in volume we are experiencing. Must be a self-starter, have excellent people skills, phone skills and computer skills. Must be customer service-oriented. Automotive background / experience mandatory.
OUTSTANDING OPPORTUNITY TO RUN MULTIPLE STORES AND BE COMPENSATED ACCORDINGLY
Terms to be discussed with applicant and are dependent on experience level.
Responsibilities / Duties
· Put the customer first. Go above and beyond to WOW the customer
· Maintain "YES COMPANY" atmosphere. Find ways to say yes to customers and ensure they leave satisfied
· Follow company procedures for welcoming customers & checking them in for service, gathering information, explaining the inspection process, and collecting signed work orders before any work is done
· Follow company procedures for educating customers on inspection results for their vehicles, communicating the benefits and value of any needed work, answering any questions, and performing any needed repairs
· Follow company procedures for checking out customers – reviewing any work done, seeking feedback, scheduling follow-ups, etc.
· Proactively communicate with customers throughout their visits to the center. Keep them informed, manage issues as they arise
· Verify that inspections are being performed consistently and accurately on all vehicles. Spot-check & maintain training on inspection procedures as needed
· Follow up on any outstanding customer issues or complaints; ensure that they are resolved satisfactorily
· Manage daily customer callback process to ensure calls are being made & appointments are being set
· Create weekly schedules to keep center staffed appropriately for projected sales volume
· Adjust schedule as needed to cover absences, meet demand, or improve center profitability
· Proactively note and plan for holidays, local events, and other things that might impact center sales
· Meet weekly and monthly sales goals
· Proactively generate appointments to increase sales
· Assist in planning and executing appointments as needed to drive sales and meet center goals
· Follow company phone procedures at all times, including daily role-play to maintain skills
· Listen to recorded calls on a regular basis; identify areas for improvement
· Maintain detailed knowledge of point-of-sale system. Be able to build a repair ticket quickly and efficiently
· Order parts from approved vendors in a timely manner; track arrival and verify with technician immediately to ensure parts are correct
· Verify full documentation on every ticket – inspection sheet, estimates, work orders, final invoice, battery test form, etc.
· Accurately enter pricing and cost of goods into point-of-sale system on every ticket
· Keep center fully staffed by hiring technicians and other center staff members as needed
· Screen candidates thoroughly and ensure that all team members meet center standards
· Proactively recruit and maintain a pipeline of potential technicians
· Maintain accurate and complete personnel records at all times
Back Office / Financials
· Maintain accurate daily records of all customer transactions & daily center business
· Track cores, returns, warranty claims on a daily basis to ensure accuracy
· Manage gross margins
· Proactively work to maintain clean, comfortable and professional store image at all times
· Assist as needed in any regular store maintenance
· Handle cores, returns, inventory deliveries and other center upkeep tasks as requested
· Perform closing duties as needed (close day in point-of-sale system, bank deposits, cash audits, etc.)
Teamwork / Culture
· Be a team player. Help other people meet their goals
· Train & teach new team members as needed
· Contribute to a positive, productive team environment
· Maintain a positive, productive culture among all center team members
· Encourage teamwork, positivity, and accountability among all team members
Qualifications / Skills
· 5+ years of experience as sales / customer service leader. Ability to think creatively when dealing with customers
· Experience working with point-of-sale software or complex Windows software
· Excellent people and phone skills
· Proactive self-starter
· Ability to multi-task
Meineke Car Care Centers
AddressCity of Saint Peters, MO
Get fresh Automotive General Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.