The Multimedia Graphic Designer will take a primary role in the conceptualization, design and production of corporate collateral including catalogs, event materials, presentations, advertising and promotional campaigns for print, display and digital distribution. This will include tracking of production, and applicable metrics within CRM, CMS and online systems. He/she must be an excellent visual artist who works creatively within a fast-paced environment to deliver professional quality designs that effectively communicate defined objectives.
The Designer will play a key role in the design and production process that includes managing projects, dealing directly with internal and external clients/production partners and collaborating with the NAFTA marketing teams. The designer will also play a larger role in dealing with the global marketing design team, and will play an integral role in the creation of corporate branding for Megger. The designer will maintain relationships with vendors and manage pricing/costs. The designer MUST be able to own a project from start to finish and work alone or collaboratively to meet the needs of the team and the project. He or she will be expected to gain an intimate understanding of Megger products, and understand how to craft messaging based on unique and distinctive selling points. Collaboration will be key as there will be a need to work with people across many different teams inside the company. This individual will report to the Marketing Manager.
- Conceptualize and design high-quality print, display, and digital work that aligns with business and corporate goals.
- Work closely with Marketing Manager and other members of the marketing team in the development of a design from start to finish.
- Work collaboratively with editorial team so that copy and design overall work together to communicate subject matter in a clear and understandable way.
- Collaborate with editorial and presentation teams to translate data into clear, effective charts and graphs and compelling visuals.
- Maintain established corporate brand standards and consistency of message and design across materials and media, and periodically work with global teams to develop and improve corporate branding for the future.
- Create press-ready mechanicals, and e-mail/web-ready digital files. Maintain quality control in regards to file preparation.
- Create visually compelling and highly impactful PPT presentations for external communications, thought leadership keynotes, etc.
- Manage outside printing jobs, from bids to press check to distribution.
- Manage document translations for specific Dallas-based products for global usage
- Provide creative direction for videography and photography; perform shoots as necessary.
- Research and develop new and innovative ways to digitally market outside of current mediums to expand our reach.
- Regularly attend team meetings and represent all in-house creative projects, globally.
- Regularly track work against defined schedule.
- Ensure internal workflow processes are followed; update, track and complete all projects in established marketing programs/software.
- Serve as point of contact for external vendors such as agencies, photographers and printers on all projects managed by in-house creative.
- Maintain assets and electronic source files in digital asset library and digital management systems
- Maintain ongoing understanding of equipment and their unique/distinct selling points
- Maintain project organization including keeping accurate project notes and records
- Maintain campaigns and metrics within the Megger CMS when applicable
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in graphic design in a fast-paced in-house marketing department or agency environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or equivalent.
- Expert in graphic design software:
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator is imperative)
- Microsoft Office – specifically Word and PowerPoint
- Must have formal training/experience in conceptualization, sketching, typography, production and prepress skills
- Familiarity with digital and web design principles and user interface best practices
- Excellent oral, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work on both a Mac and a PC for a variety of media
- Ability to synthesize information to develop creative, innovative design solutions
- Ability to prioritize independently based on workflow dependencies, competing business initiatives and time constraints
- Ability to work independently and take initiative solving creative problems, enhancing the brand, and improving operational efficiencies
- Ability to work as part of a team and take direction from multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong project management skills.
- Work without supervision on complex projects and is expected to collaborate on key decisions with peers.
- Experience with information management software preferred (CMS, DAM, etc.)
A portfolio of work samples should be provided with resume.