Meeting Street's Early Learning Center stands out among childcare providers for all of the right reasons. Ranked among the highest in the state, we are licensed by the state of Rhode Island and accredited by Bright Stars and the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). We currently have nearly 90 children enrolled between the ages of six weeks and five years old, offering separate classrooms for Infants, Toddlers, "Waddlers", Preschool and Pre-K.
Although 85% of our students do not have special needs, every classroom is inclusive and designed so that all children can participate and benefit from additional services. We provide individualized learning, adapting each lesson plan to suit the needs of each of our learners. Our approach plants the seeds of both learning and compassion in those critical early years.
About this Role:
This is a part time position working twenty (20) hours weekly Monday - Friday: 2:00pm - 6:00pm
Our Teacher Assistants provide necessary care to our youngest learners, interacting directly with them to provide emotional and social support as well as encourage cognitive growth. They partner with our Teachers in creating a fun, educational, clean and safe environment.
- Knowledge of age-appropriate child development
- Experience performing or knowledge of early learning curriculum
- Parent interactions
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- 12+ College credits in Early Childhood Education classes from an accredited university required, Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education preferred
- 2+ years experience caring for children under age 5 is preferred