Destination Service Associate
Meet Minneapolis Minneapolis, MN
- Expired: June 11, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
ABOUT MEET MINNEAPOLIS
The mission of the Meet Minneapolis, Convention + Visitors Association, is to positively impact the economic and social prosperity of our Minneapolis community by attracting visitors, meetings and events that directly support jobs and local businesses, and generate critical revenues.
As a non-profit organization, we are proud and passionate about being a key source of inspiration and information for the millions of visitors, event planners, convention center attendees and sports fans that are looking to come to enjoy all the exciting and diverse experiences that a visit to Minneapolis offers.
Assist meeting planners of small to medium size groups (approx. 500 peak or less) and annual groups as assigned. Serve as the primary source of information and assistance in coordinating group needs with the resources Meet Minneapolis and its partners provide. The position is also responsible for managing the Restaurant/Info desk at the convention center as well as assisting with tradeshow preparations as needed.
This is an excellent opportunity to get started in an exciting career in hospitality, travel and events.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primary key contact for the meeting planner (typically 12 months out or less).
- Coordinate site visits and schedule appointments as requested by meeting planner.
- Assist meeting planner with promoting Minneapolis to attendees to build attendance.
- Work with meeting planner on services we offer including but not limited to: welcome banners, microsite creation, services notices, customized maps, convention alerts, restaurant/information booth, on-site registration staff, brochure distribution, CEO/Mayor/Governor welcome letters, extended skyway hours, etc.
- Provide welcome presentations to groups upon request.
- Upon request, coordinate all-hotel pre and post con meetings.
- Attend out of town promotion trips for assigned groups if necessary.
- Oversee staffing, scheduling and supplies at the Restaurant/Information Booth at the Minneapolis Convention Center (including off-site locations when requested).
- Coordinate/assist team members as needed to prepare for tradeshows.
Other responsibilities include:
- Assist services-only groups (groups booked directly through hotels).
- Meet with Meet Minneapolis partners as requested and attend networking functions.
- Maintain and encourage relationships between Meet Minneapolis, partner members, City of Minneapolis, Chamber of Commerce, convention center and clients.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in the convention services trends. Attend suggested education classes as necessary.
- Present at Meet Minneapolis hosted presentations as requested.
- Effectively carry out additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in the fields of business, hospitality management, event management, marketing or similar area of study and/or experience working in marketing, communications, hospitality or event management
- Demonstrated success in the area of project management
- CMP designation or a desire to work towards earning the designation
- DES designation or a desire to work towards earning the designation
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Significant experience and comfortable using Microsoft Office products including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Forms, database management programs and registration software programs
- Familiar with various forms of social media platforms and their uses as additional ways to connect with clients and promote Minneapolis
- Strong organizational and time-management skills with a passion for detail and execution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and work in a fast-paced environment
- Embodies “spirit to serve” and a deep understanding of the importance of responsiveness and customer service
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate and work effectively with a diverse group of people; maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers
- Knowledge of Minneapolis and surrounding areas
- Willing and able to work evenings, weekends and holidays based on client and office demands.
- Valid driver’s license
SALARY & BENEFITS
Competitive Salary and Incentive Potential; Excellent Benefits Package
While performing the duties of this job the employee will be required to:
· Walk, sit, bend and squat
· Talk and hear
· Grab, pull or bend items
· Lift and/or carry up to 30 lbs.
· View items at a close and distant range
· Sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time
· Use computers for extended periods of time
· General office environment.
Note: Job Descriptions are not exhaustive lists of all skills, responsibilities, or efforts associated with a job. They reflect principal job elements essential for performing the job and evaluating performance. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than as an “at will” relationship.
Meet Minneapolis’ culture is inclusive and encourages the positive and mutually-beneficial development of our organization, industry and individual staff members. Our core values are Service, Collaboration, Inclusion, Passion and Integrity.
Meet Minneapolis an equal opportunity employer.
BusinessView all jobs at Meet Minneapolis