Quality Engineer - machining - manufacturing - CMM
- Posted: over a month ago
- $75,000 to $85,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
TYPE: Quality Control
INDUSTRY: Tier One Automotive Supplier
INCOME: up to $85K year
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
· 5 years of more of quality engineering experience in an automotive environment.
· Bachelors or Associates degree and/or equivalent experience working as a quality engineer.
· Direct experience interacting with OEM customers.
· Knowledge of Gd&T.
· Knowledge of gages, inspection, equipment and strong metrology skills.
· APQP, PFMEA, PPAP, control plans, process flow diagram and work Instruction documentation.
· Advanced problem solving skills and 8-D corrective action.
· Experience working within a machining environment is preferred.
· Strong documentation and computer skills.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
· Launch new products ensuring APQP documents are properly prepared and submitted to customer portals.
· Maintain OEM customer relationships through customer visits and verbal/written communication.
· Assist in the development of processes and procedures to meet TS-16949 and customer requirements.
· Facilitate cross functional teams investigating root cause implementing process improvements to eliminate/prevent quality problems and development of corrective actions.
· Create process flow diagrams, control plans, work instructions, inspection check sheets and PPAP documents.
· Complete special projects requested by customers.
· Maintain customer portals, report status of customer scorecards and ensure customer satisfaction.
· Participate in the lean daily management, teir 2 meetings, monitors performance, gathering data and creating statistical reports.
· Generate and interpret statistical repots using Minitab.
A division of a worldwide corporation with over 40 global locations and 4,000 valued team members. They produce highly engineered components serving the automotive, heavy truck, heavy off road, military, mining, agriculture and other diverse industries.
WHAT THEY OFFER:
· Blue Cross Health Insurance with Low or No Payroll Deductions
· Dental, Vision, Life, Short/Long Term Disability
· 401K with Company Match
· Company Paid Holidays and Vacations
· Employee Training and Education
Medvec Resources Group
AddressNew Haven, CT
ManufacturingView all jobs at Medvec Resources Group