LOCATION: Grand Rapids, MI
INDUSTRY: Global Medical Device Manufacturer
RELOCATION: A relocation package will be provided for new employees transitioning to their area.
INCOME: up to $150K plus 20% bonus potential
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering or Technical Engineering Degrees is a requirement
· The Plant Manager plans, organizes, directs and controls the daily operations, continuous improvement efforts and the optimization of precision machining processes of the facility.
· Collaborates with quality and other key organizational functions to review and monitor quality and process improvements and new product launches.
· Direct, monitor and appraise the performance of direct reports.
· Collaborates and manages the facility engineering efforts.
· Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis.
· Ensures the facility meets continuous improvement objectives.
· Provides technical troubleshooting / problem solving.
· 5 years of plant or operations management experience.
· Previous engineering or engineering management experience.
· Project management experience.
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
· Lean / continuous improvement experience.
· New product launch experience.
· Ability to be promoted to general management.
· Direct, lead, guide and coordinate the manufacturing, engineering, production control, maintenance and shipping / receiving.
· Supports multiple production leads in the daily operation and production output to an optimal level that exceeds customer expectations of quality and on-time delivery.
· Monitors and interprets key business indicators and improves production, asset capacity and flexibility while reducing cost.
· Implement cost effective systems and best practices.
· Develop or improve systems and processes to track quality and production standards.
· Develops and implements long/short term plans for labor and equipment.
· Implement strategies in alignment with corporate strategies.
WHAT THEY OFFER:
· 100% company paid health, dental, vision and life insurance.
· 401K with company match.
· Quarterly plant incentive program
· Annual Bonuses
· Paid vacations and paid holidays.
· Tuition reimbursement / employee development program.
· Modern manufacturing facilities supported by continuous investment.
· A culture of participative management.
A global manufacturer of medical devices continues to grow by double digits. They provide customers with global manufacturing expertise by combining lead manufacturing and continuous improvement with advanced process technology. Their success is a result of dedicated team members driven to manufacture flawless and innovative precision devices.
Keywords: plant manager, plant management, operations manager, operations management, manufacturing manager, cnc machining, precision machining, production machining, medical device, surgical instruments, implants, orthopedic implants, iso-13485, iso13485, fda
Medvec Resources Group