CNC Machining Instructor
SALARY: up to $90K year
TYPE: Teaching Machine Trades Adjunct Instructor
Community College Adult Education
Full Time with Benefits
WHY THIS OPPORTUNITY:
Due to demand of industry and manufacturing companies around greater Detroit, this community college has expanded their machining / adult education program.
WHAT YOU NEED:
· 2 plus years or more of experience teaching machining methodologies, shop math and inspection techniques.
· Knowledge of CNC and manual machining methods and best practices.
· Strong communication skills and ability to demonstrate machining principles.
· Knowledge of feeds, speeds, cutting tool applications and machine tool set up.
· Experience with blue print reading, Gd&T, metrology and inspection methods.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
· Evaluate and interview possible machinist’s trainees to enter the skilled trade training program.
· Administrative mechanical ability and basic math assessments.
· Provide instructional training in a classroom environment.
· Instruct trainees in aspects of basic blue print reading, manual/CNC machining, shop math, cutting tool applications, feeds/speeds, off sets, set up methods and inspection techniques.
· Develop training material and testing criteria.
· Demonstrate various methods of set up operation and problem solving on dedicated training machine tools.
· Maintain trainee evaluation, testing records and training metrics.
· Collaborate with internal team members on training needs and criteria.
WHY THIS COMPANY:
· Well established machinist skilled trades training program.
· On site class room environment.
· Average employee has 10 or more years with the company and .04% employee turnover percentage.
· Growing corporation investing in new machine tools and technical.
A regional leader in technical education prepares students to enter the workforce or quickly advance in their careers. With more hands on training than anyone else in the market, program options for relevant, in-demand technical training and strong relationships with employer’s students don’t just gain education, they gain a career.
Keywords: skilled trades, skilled trades instructor, machining instructor, technical college, training program, apprenticeship program, apprentice instructor, adult education instructor positions, cnc machining, machining, screw machine, teacher, vocational teacher, adjunct faculty trainer.