In this position, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks requiring data analysis, in-depth evaluation, and sound judgment. As our Medical Biller, your daily duties will include maintaining billing software, appealing denied claims, and recording late payments.
To succeed in this role, you must possess in-depth knowledge of billing software and medical insurance policies. The ideal candidate must also be able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, as communicating with clients and various insurance agents will form a large part of the job.
The ideal candidate will function as a productive team member with like-minded and hardworking individuals. You will also possess the following qualities and abilities:
- Ability to interpret information on EOB's, correspondence, insurance websites & execute appropriate actions
- Ability to research, interpret, educate/communicate on insurance billing policy updates, LCD’s, etc.
- Strong conceptual understanding of billing and collection processes
- Experience with quality analysis, clean claim processing and outsourcing
- Accountable for client performance while ensuring goals are met
- Daily Clean Claim effort: research, corrections, improvements/edits
- May need to assist with phone calls to/from patients, insurance carriers and clients (inbound & outbound)
- Assist on clearinghouse rejections
- Work various reports such as, but not limited to, Pre-collections & AR Follow-up
- Ensure workflow is on par; monitor and report progress; advise Manager of issues
- Process account corrections and adjustments
- Identify and resolve billing/reimbursement issues
- Produce, review, and correct collector write-off reports
- Projects: Participates as needed in projects requested by manager and/or clients and completes them as assigned
- Other duties as assigned