Sales Representative III, Enabling Technologies (Advanced Energy) - Arlington, VA
Arlington, Virginia, United States
1 day ago
Careers that Change Lives
Bring your talents to an industry leader in medical technology and healthcare solutions - we're a market leader and growing every day. You can be proud to sell medical technologies that are rooted in our long history of mission-driven innovation. Our expanding portfolio delivers measurable clinical and economic value - and opens doors. You will be empowered to shape your own career. We support your growth with the training, mentorship, and guidance you need to own your future success. Together, we can transform healthcare.
Join us for a career in sales that changes lives.
A Day in the Life
This position has the responsibility and authority forcreating an effective sales presence in his/her area, learning the product line and its applications under different environments, following-up on leads with a multi-prong contact approach, achieving sales targets, and utilizing the Medtronic Sales process for each class of customers. The key emphasis during the first year is to gain access and expedite revenue growth within MAE's strategic markets; while identifying MAE's value proposition along with developing future product roadmaps .
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Collaborate on business development within the strategic markets, and is responsible for driving regional vision and strategy with the Regional Business Director
- Identify entry point procedures for strategic market opportunities.
- Learn the Product Line: During the first month meet with all key personnel to learn all aspects of the technology. Complete all modules in Medtronic Advanced Energy's on-line training and attend home-officer training program to learn all aspects of the technology/product line: Address technical aspects, specific industry applications, selling process, pricing, and score at least 90% or better on comprehensive test. Attend procedure(s) with designated Medtronic Advanced Energy's representative before training. Be in a position to present the technology, in the Operating Room or office setting, within 45 days.
- Implement Key Account Program : Identify the major new and existing accounts in the territory. Review the selling process by account.Include the identification of major target accounts, determine the sales team and staff support needs, assess need for the addition of new selling programs and processes, conduct competitive analysis, and implement the plan of action. This should be available within 60 days for review between you and your RBD:
- Prioritize the territory within 30 days;
- Profile four of the top 10 accounts in the first 30 days; and,
- Develop account plans for profiled accounts in 45 days.
- Achieve Sales Targets and Quotas: In the first 45 days, conduct a complete review of the territory's sales plans and current tactics. Quickly identify the key voids and develop new programs to meet the company's aggressive sales plans to increase market share:
- Open one new account with a stocking order within 90 days; and,
- Meet or exceed your quarterly revenue target within 180 days.
- Keep Current With Administrative Task: Sales Management requires several ongoing tasks to help ensure success of the business.The successful Advanced Energy Sales Specialist will provide the Regional Sales Manager timely:
- 90-day rolling forecast every thirty days. Provide information by account in unit volume. Forecast is used to project manufacture resource needs and future business strength;
- Expense reports bimonthly;
- Quarterly business objectives and periodic updated account plan: per Regional Sales Manager instruction; and,
- Team sharing successful tactics, tough objections and product issues.
- Jointly develop a team strategy -this includes marketing, clinical, education and management-- that involves being actively engaged in helping the organization succeed while exercising independent, critical judgment of goals, tasks and methods:
- Share and exchange information with team; particularly critical when sharing successful tactics, tough objections and product issues; and,
- Commit to and build trust that binds the team to take on and complete substantial initiatives.
- Develop Account Relationships: Within 2 quarters arrange and conduct educational in-services in top four accounts. Conduct Technical Symposium(s) in top four accounts within 2 quarters. Create relationships with all clinical and administrative personnel in key accounts. Identify opportunity to introduce Medtronic Advanced Energy's executive management to major accounts.
- Responsible for executing an innovative marketing strategy using the Internet as the cornerstone of demand generation and education.
- All activities must be performed in compliance with the Quality System.
- Performs duties in compliance with environmental, health and safety related site rules, policies or governmental regulations.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree plus 5 years of sales experience with 3 of those 5 years in medical sales; or
- Bachelor's Degree plus 3 years of Medtronic RTG (Pain, Brain or Spine) Clinical Specialist experience
- Previous experience as a Principal Advanced EnergySales Specialist.
- Experience in driving medical education.
- Familiarity with general surgery.
- Exposure to selling medical devices, using a concept selling process, to a customer base consisting of surgeons.
- A record of accomplishment of building and managing strong sales, introducing new marketing programs, managing costs, budgeting, developing sales forecasting methods, improving margins, and increasing revenue.
- Possesses leadership qualities, as identified by peers and superiors.
- Hospital budgeting and economic understanding.
- Ability to build relationships with a wide range of people and personalities.
- Ability to work in an operating room setting.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule.
- Ability to work in a culture that emphasizes superior customer service, empowerment, participation and openness.
- Ability to be effective in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills - including leadership, collaboration, and ability to communicate with management, peer groups and customers.
- Ability to present regularly to individuals as well as large and small groups.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile
Required to interact with a computer for extended periods of time, and communicate with peers and co-workers
Regularly required to talk or hear
Occasionally required to sit and reach with hands and arms
Regularly required to stand; walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools , or controls
Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision
Ability to travel
**Must have a valid driver's license and active vehicle insurance policy. In addition, your driving record will be reviewed and will be considered as part of your application.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential fun