Principal Therapy Consultant, CoreValve - El Paso
El Paso, Texas, United States
6 hours ago
Bring your sales talents to aleader in medical technology and healthcare solutions. Rooted inour long history of mission-driven innovation, our medical technologies opendoors. We support your growth with the training, mentorship, andguidance you need to own your future success. Join usfor a career in sales that changes lives.
CAREERS THAT CHANGE LIVES - POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Principal CoreValve Therapy
Consultant (Sales Representative) achieves sales revenue targets and grows
market share for a specified geography by promoting, selling and servicing
Medtronic CoreValve and related products, post approval, while ensuring safe
adoption and growth. The CoreValve Sales
Representative 3 practices good territory management with strong organization,
administration and expense planning and control. The CoreValve Representative is a partner and
resource to the CVG field organization and to Catheter Based Therapies (CBT)
cross functional teams, including Medical Education, Marketing, Research, and
A DAY IN THE LIFE:POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Territory Management and Account Development
- Provide quality support to help sites achieve procedural successand for the safe growth of CoreValve
- Develop and post approval, execute strategies and plans toachieve/exceed sales quota for commercial cases. Maintain and expandexisting business and develop new business opportunities
- Serve as trusted technical expert for TAVR procedure and products. Provide technical support for TAVRimplanting centers, including "scrubbing in" to assist with valve loadingand providing technical case support consistent with the instructions foruse. Educate sites on proper indications for TAVR procedures
- Probe to understand and confirm customers' needs, handleobjections and gain commitment.Develop and implement strategies to counter competitor messaging
- Educate customers to ensure that products are understood and usedeffectively
- Represent company at industry conferences and maximize potentialby targeting specific customers to gain sales leads, and pursueopportunities to promote the company's product portfolio
- Knowledge of CoreValve and other Medtronic TAVR product IFUs forsafe and effective use of devices
- Develop and maintain comprehensive clinical and technical productknowledge. Understands currentpublished TAVR and relevant literature.Recognize and understand competitive products, industry trends,and CBT/CVG portfolio. Liaisonwith RD for technology improvements and next generation needs
- Technical and Clinical Support
- Provide quality technicalsupport to help sites achieve procedural success.
- Provide technical support toMedtronic employees and implanting teams for CoreValve implant procedures inaccordance with Medtronic guidance
- Provide technical leadershipfor TAVR device procedures. Educateimplanting teams on proper indications for TAVR procedures. Provide support on questions regarding devicesuitability with measuring ability and CT reconstruction expertise. Provide comprehensive technical supportincluding knowledge of imaging modalities (echo/angiography/CT), EKG, bloodpressure, wave forms, and ancillary procedural solutions
- Knowledge of Clinical trialprotocols, and CoreValve and other Medtronic TAVR product IFUs for safe andeffective use of devices
- Develop and maintaincomprehensive clinical and technical product knowledge. Understands current published TAVR andrelevant literature. Recognize andunderstand competitive products, industry trends, and CBT/CVG portfolio. Liaison with RD for technologyimprovements and next generation needs
- Customer Service
- Ensure maximum coverage of allaccounts within territory geographic areas to maintain optimum level ofexposure and effective time management.Assist with scheduling of cases and proper customer support
- Participate in physiciantraining and case observations when necessary
- Participates in any otherplanned customer education meetings and society conventions
- Respond to customer requestsand resolve complaints in a prompt and effective manner to include properdevice complaint reporting
- Maintain high standards ofpersonal presentation and promote a professional personal and company image
- Assist sites with identifyingroutine implant days and proper case scheduling
- Training, Education and Professional Development
- Develop and maintaincomprehensive clinical and technical product knowledge
- Recognize and understandcompetitive products, features, strengths in relation to the company's products
- Participate in product andskills development programs, managing own self development
- Resource for RD forCoreValve improvements and next generation needs
- Assists in training new hiresto Medtronic CBT team
- Helps drive and maintainquality initiatives and global best practice initiatives
- Administrative Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain accurateaccount and territory records
- Responsible for CoreValveinventory at sites to include shipments, usage and return of product
- Responsible for forecastingimplants at sites and obtaining billing PO's for each case
- Submits accurate and timelyexpense reports
- Report device complaints toproper departments within quality assurance within Medtronic
- Schedules travel arrangementsto ensure multiple objectives are accomplished
- Supports heart teams withappropriate products, clinical literature and pre case planning strategy
- Maintain hospitaleligibility/access with various vendor credentialing services
- Control expenses and adhere tocompany policies and procedures
- Identify, establish andmaintain productive working relationships with key decision makers, customersand their staff, administrative staff, etc.
- Maintains a high level ofcommunication with appropriate CVG sales and leadership within assignedgeography
- Plan and implement effectivesales/product presentations to customers
- Develop and maintainproductive working relationships within the company to ensure maximum salessupport and maintain a high level of customer service
- Contribute to the developmentof a strong team effort
- Communicate marketintelligence/competitor activity promptly, including potential sales leads, andinformation regarding product price or account activity to District Manager andClinical or other appropriate company personnel
- Ensure a professional standardof written and verbal communication at all times
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, THE FOLLOWING BASICQUALIFICATIONS MUST BE EVIDENT ON YOUR RESUME
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10+ years medical industrysales experience (selling physician preference products) in hospitalenvironment with 8 years selling to interventional cardiology, interventionalradiology and/or Vascular surgery
- Demonstrated success in previous sales role; indicating a highlevel of sales performance, influence and selling skills.
- Exceptional business and clinical acumen with prior experienceleading a sophisticated cardiac or endovascular procedure.
- Exceptional understanding of cardiac and vascular anatomy,physiology, and pathology.
- Interventional cardiac or vascular experience (wires, balloons,catheters, stents).Endovascular--specifically Endovascular Aneurysm Repair (EVAR) andThoracic Endovascular Aneurysm Repair (TEVAR)-or Cardiac surgery, SurgicalAortic Valve Replacement (SAVR) experience preferred.
- Strong, proven medical device sales track record with documentedgrowth and achievements.
- Previous experience communicating product's market advantages tophysicians and hospital administration.
- Experience managing multiple accounts.
- Successful experience launching a new device.
- Market development experience.
- Experience calling on C-Suite customers.
- Prior experience teaching and educating medical personnel, peersand technical support personnel.
- Imaging interpretation experience (TTE or Trans EsophagealEchocardiography (TEE), CT, Angiograms).Computer proficiency and ability to perform CT reconstruction withCT programs.
- Demonstrated success building strong relationships with key therapyusers and employees across organizational level.
- Ability to effectively organize and plan travel schedule withfrequent last minute requests.
- Ability to travel with overnight stay up to 50 - 75% of the time(geography variability).
- Previous peer and physician education experience.
- Excellent influencing and consulting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communicati