Principal Packaging Engineer
Santa Ana, California, United States
6 hours ago
Principal Packaging Engineer
Careers that change Lives
Cardiac and Vascular Group brings all of our cardiac and vascular businesses
together into one cross-functional, collaborative operating unit to employ the
full breadth of our talent, technologies, products, services, and solutions to
address the needs of customers and patients across the globe.
Designs, develops, and
tests a wide variety of containers used for the protection, display, and
handling of products. Determines packaging specifications according to the
nature of the product, cost limitations, legal requirements, and the type of
protection required, considering need for resistance to such external variables
as moisture, corrosive chemicals, temperature variations, light, heat, rough
handling, and tampering. Designs package exteriors considering such factors as
product identification, sales appeal, aesthetic quality, printing and
production techniques. Responsibilities may include documentation management
and an understanding of good manufacturing practices (GMPs).
Day in theLife
- Knowledge: Applies mastery of in-depth knowledge in onejob family or broader expertise in most areas of a job function.
- Problem Solving: Develops solutions to complex problems thatrequire the regular use of ingenuity and creativity. Ensures that solutions areconsistent with organization objectives.
- Discretion / Latitude: Work is performed without appreciabledirection. Exercises considerablelatitude in determining deliverables of assignment. Completed work is reviewed from a relativelylong-term perspective, for desired results.May provide guidance about work activities to colleagues.
- Impact: Contributes to defining the direction for newproducts, processes, standards, or operational plans based on business strategywith a significant impact on work group results. Failure to obtain results or erroneousdecisions or recommendations would typically result in serious impact oncustomers and/or results and considerable expenditure of resources.
- Liaison: Frequent interaction with internal orexternal contacts at various organizational levels concerning ongoingoperations or changes relating to processes or programs. Leads briefings withinternal and external contacts.
- Adhere to the MedtronicTraits.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering/Science or relatedfield and a minimum of 7 years of related experience, OR
- Masters degree in Engineering/Science or relatedfield and a minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Strongcommunication skills, both oral and written.
- Goodinterpersonal skills.
- Abilityto work in a fast paced environment.
- Abilityto work well under pressure and maintain positive, enthusiastic attitude.
- Eagernessto learn and expand responsibilities.
- Abilityto work effectively in a team environment and build strong workingrelationships.
- Abilityto coach, mentor, and lead other package engineers
- Travelmay be required.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.