Position Summary: The X-Ray Tech/Medical Assistant is responsible for providing basic clinical care to patients commensurate with their medical education. Duties include performing initial clinical evaluations as well as directed procedures for urgent care, occupational health and workers' compensation procedures. The X-Ray Tech/Medical Assistant will perform x-ray testing including body mechanics and patient movement using knowledge of anatomy and physiology. The X-Ray Tech/Medical Assistant will prepare patients for continued medical evaluation by physicians, physician assistants and advanced registered nurse practitioners by taking a brief history, establishing vital signs, recording appropriate documentation on approved CareSpot|MedPost Urgent Care forms and recognizing levels of acuity allowing appropriate medical intervention when necessary.
1. Maintains Customer Loyalty score at or above company benchmark
2. Ability to check patients in and out at the front desk to ensure patient flow and when needed
3. Consistently communicates with patients on wait times; provides direction to the next step in the treatment process
4. Provides solutions to patient problems and recognizes and seeks help in emergent/ hazardous situations
5. Provides timely follow up regarding lab and x-ray results
6. Assists Registrars with patient check in/out procedures when necessary
7. Obtains and accurately documents patient vital signs and weight, takes brief history, past medical, family and social history, current mediations, allergies and other pertinent historical information as appropriate
8. Administer any medication as ordered by provider and within your licensure/certification; Laboratory duties- Perform CLIA-waived lab test, draw blood and collect and label specimens for any send out labs; Perform DOT and Non-DOT urine drug screens and Breath Alcohol Testing (BAT)
9. Prepares patients for radiologic procedures and follows established clinical and regulatory procedures in regards to patient safety and care; including proper radiation protection and shielding techniques
10. Ensures that equipment is in proper working order and reports any malfunctions to the Center Manager or designee on duty
11. Follows documentation procedures and completes required paperwork related to patient visit
12. Maintains examination room and stocks if necessary
13. Adheres to infection control/safety guidelines and patient confidentiality policies
14. Phlebotomy, injections, medical procedures and laboratory procedures appropriate for level of training under the direction of a clinician
15. Performs other duties as assigned
16. Acts with honesty and integrity in all business transactions, including, but not limited to, employment applications/resumes, patient records, time records, and financial transactions
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Radiology Technician Certificate preferred and current state license (where applicable)
- BLS Certification preferred
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a Radiology Technician in a comparable environment OR successful completion of a Radiology Technician certification program with externship experience
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient with practice management software and overall knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to work weekends and holidays
Extended night and weekend hours
Express walk-in options, such as the ability to save your spot online or by phone
Online appointment scheduling
In-house lab testing and X-rays
Although CareSpot and MedPost are growing quickly, we retain our strong community focus and commitment to offering our customers the individual care they deserve.
Commitment to Diversity
CareSpot and MedPost are equal opportunity employers. Respect for the dignity and worth of each individual is a basic tenet for both CareSpot and MedPost, and we are committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination. We recognize and value the unique contributions of all individuals regardless of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical handicap, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other non-job related factors. All phases of employment practice, including recruitment, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, compensation, benefits, and terminations are based strictly upon the qualifications of the individual as related to the work requirements of the position.
In keeping with our commitment to diversity, CareSpot and MedPost maintain a strict policy prohibiting any form of harassment, including sexual harassment. A 24-hour compliance hotline is always available for employees to anonymously report concerns of any kind without fear of retaliation or discrimination.
CareSpot and MedPost believe in caring for employees as well as customers. As part of an employee’s total compensation package, a comprehensive and benefits program is available.
CareSpot and MedPost benefits packages compare well to industry and marketplace standards. A range of benefit choices is available to fit you and your family's needs at various stages of life.