Position Summary: The Medical Assistant (MA) is responsible for providing basic clinical care commensurate with his or her medical education to patients. Duties include performing initial clinical evaluations as well as directed procedures for urgent care, occupational health and workers’ compensation procedures.
1. Maintains Customer Loyalty score at or above company benchmark
2. Complies with necessary regulatory standards and licensure requirements mandated by Federal and State Agencies (i.e. HIPAA, OSHA, and CPR certification)
3. Answers multi-line phone system within 3 rings
4. Consistently communicates with patients on wait times; provides direction to the next step in the treatment process
5. Provides solutions to patient problems and recognizes and seeks help in emergent/hazardous situations
6. Provides timely follow up regarding lab results
7. Assists Registrars with patient check in/out procedures when necessary
8. Obtains and accurately documents patient vital signs and weight, takes brief history, past medical, family and social history, current mediations, allergies and other pertinent historical information as appropriate
9. Assists with patient transfers
10. Assists with procedures directly supervised by the clinician
11. Assists in lab procedures under the supervision of the clinician
12. Ensures that equipment is in proper working order and reports any malfunctions to the Center Manager or designee on duty
13. Follows documentation procedures and completes required paperwork related to patient visit
14. Maintains examination room and stocks if necessary
15. Adheres to infection control/safety guidelines and patient confidentiality policies
16. Administer any medication as ordered by provider and within your licensure/certification; Laboratory duties- Perform CLIA-waived lab test, draw blood and collect and label specimens for any send out labs; Perform DOT and Non-DOT urine drug screens and Breath Alcohol Testing (BAT)
17. Acts with honesty and integrity in all business transactions, including, but not limited to, employment applications/resumes, patient records, time records, and financial transactions
18. Ability to relay information in a positive method
19. Ability to calm upset patients and present a solution to their problems
20. Proficient with practice management software and overall knowledge of MS Office
21. Ability to work efficiently in a team or solo environment
22. Performs other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Registered or Certified Medical Assistant preferred
- BLS Certification preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a Medical Assistant in a comparable environment or successful completion of a Medical Assistant program with externship experience
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work weekends and holidays
Extended night and weekend hours
Express walk-in options, such as the ability to save your spot online or by phone
Online appointment scheduling
In-house lab testing and X-rays
Although CareSpot and MedPost are growing quickly, we retain our strong community focus and commitment to offering our customers the individual care they deserve.
Commitment to Diversity
CareSpot and MedPost are equal opportunity employers. Respect for the dignity and worth of each individual is a basic tenet for both CareSpot and MedPost, and we are committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination. We recognize and value the unique contributions of all individuals regardless of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical handicap, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other non-job related factors. All phases of employment practice, including recruitment, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, compensation, benefits, and terminations are based strictly upon the qualifications of the individual as related to the work requirements of the position.
In keeping with our commitment to diversity, CareSpot and MedPost maintain a strict policy prohibiting any form of harassment, including sexual harassment. A 24-hour compliance hotline is always available for employees to anonymously report concerns of any kind without fear of retaliation or discrimination.
CareSpot and MedPost believe in caring for employees as well as customers. As part of an employee’s total compensation package, a comprehensive and benefits program is available.
CareSpot and MedPost benefits packages compare well to industry and marketplace standards. A range of benefit choices is available to fit you and your family's needs at various stages of life.