Position Summary: The Customer Service Representative will strive to provide superior service while working in a fast-paced, results-oriented, call center environment. This position’s responsibilities consist of handling inbound and outbound calls including, but not limited to updates for patient addresses and insurance, resubmission of insurance claims, processing patient payments and processing online patient requests to billing and payment issues.
Models behaviors related to CareSpot values (Compassion, Authentic, Respect, Empower)
Responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments in a timely manner.
Verifies patient insurance eligibility and advises patients of CareSpot’s Patient Financial Responsibility policy
Responds to patient complaints and provides appropriate resolution regarding billing issues
Updates information to patient accounts related to address corrections, changes in insurance, etc.
Processes online patient request related to billing and payment inquiries
Verifies patient insurance eligibility and advises patients of CareSpot Patient Financial Responsibility policy
Monitors online registration and confirms receipt of patient registration
Provides directions and advises patients of center wait times
Responds to requests for medical records, forms, and progress notes
Provides updates/information to insurance carriers and employers regarding workers’ compensation and occupational medicine patients.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Billing and Coding certificate or 1 year of billing experience within a healthcare facility or insurance company
- Minimum 1 year customer service experience
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of insurance terminology
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Ability to relay information in a positive format
- Proficient with practice management software and overall knowledge of MS Office
- Process/Detail Oriented
- Intermediate computer skills including knowledge of PC software applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.