Medline is building a world class finance team including the Controllership function. We have a great opportunity that is ideal for accelerating your career growth. The senior accountant role is the process owner for fixed assets, accounting policies, and annual audit. You will have exposure and access to our finance team's senior management. In this position you will employ advanced analytical skills to lead processes and continuous improvement. Your main responsibilities include:
- Execute month-end close, including journal entry and financial statement reviews.
- Support year-end audit by coordinating with auditors.
- Drive CAPEX improvements from request work flow through disposal.
- Provide guidance on CAPEX requests or to resolve inquiries from finance and business units.
- Lead staff accountants to contribute to team goals.
- Support business initiatives and manage the impact on accounting systems.
- Perform and/or review critical account reconciliations
- Assist in the optimization of accounting procedures utilizing SAP and other reporting/data analysis tools.
- Manage special projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent experience.
Relevant Work Experience
- At least 3 years of Corporate Accounting / Manufacturing Accounting / Finance experience.
- Experience applying GAAP knowledge.
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel.
- Analytical skills with large data.
- Strong expertise in at least one area of GAAP.
- Fixed asset experience.
- SAP, Trintech/BlackLine, and QAD system experience.
- RDMS (MS Access), Alteryx, or Tableau experience.
- Change Management experience.
- Project Management experience.
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) experience.
Certification / Licensure
- CPA, CGMA, CMA