Local Truck Driver CDL Class A Route Delivery
**Moving to Saint Peters, MO in Spring 2021**
MedTrans (Medline Industries) is currently accepting applications for Local Truck Driver CDL Class A Route Delivery to fill permanent, direct-hire positions in Sauget, IL. The ideal candidates will hold a valid CDL Class A driver’s license and prior verifiable experience and references, preferably local, route delivery experience.
Work for the leading nationwide supplier of medical, surgical and pharmaceutical products to hospitals, nursing homes, HME providers, surgery centers, physician offices, home care/hospice delivering palletized freight. Due to continued growth we are in need of Local Truck Driver CDL Class A Route Delivery for our location in Sauget, IL.
Enjoy competitive pay, full benefits, and a stable work environment with a global company. These are full-time, permanent, Direct-Hire placements offering a stable work environment and long-term career opportunities.
Responsibilities of the Local Truck Driver CDL Class A Route Delivery
- Backing in and out of docks
- Drive trucks to transport materials and equipment to specific route destinations
- Checking mechanical aspects of the vehicle
- Reporting maintenance/repair issues on tractors and trailers
- Touch freight – unloading using pallet-jack and/or hand-cart
Requirements of the Local Truck Driver CDL Class A Route Delivery
- Current DOT Medical Card and be able to pass pre-employment DOT drug and criminal background screen
- Hold a valid Class A Commercial Driver´s License, with air brakes endorsement and you must be able to drive a manual transmission and prior verifiable experience and references
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Able to work in all types of environments and under difficult conditions; hot, cold, dust, indoors, outdoors
- Must be flexible with work schedule; some mandatory OT on weekends.
- Be in excellent physical condition and be able to stand, sit, kneel, bend, lift, push, pull for extended periods and have normal use of senses
- Experience with local, multiple-stop deliveries: foodservice, beverage delivery, LTL, etc.
- Be able to lift, push, pull up to 75 pounds with no assistance
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Compensation for the Local Truck Driver CDL Class A Route Delivery
- Average annual salary $50,000 - $55,000/year which includes:
- Hourly rate of $20.50 - $21.50/hour, based on experience.
- Monthly and quarterly safety/pallet incentives that can equate to an additional $2-$3/hour. Incentives are attainable but not guaranteed.
- Overtime after 40 hours per week
- Full benefits after 30 days: medical, dental, life, paid Holidays and Vacations.
- 401k enrollment on first day of employment.
Work Schedule for the Local Truck Driver CDL Class A Route Delivery
- Start times vary, typically between 1am-6am
- No layovers; home every day
- Deliver palletized freight to medical facilities
- Make 9-12 stops per day; out of the truck at every stop
- Route delivery, driver unload using pallet jack, lift-gate; and 2 wheel hand cart
- Work schedule may change based on business needs; must be flexible with work schedule.
Keywords: truck driver, driver, local truck driver, cdl driver, delivery driver, class a driver, cdl truck driver, cdl, local truck driver, local driver, route delivery
The company's manufacturing and distribution capabilities encompass more than 350,000 products ranging from surgical instruments to hand sanitizers.
Medline IndustriesMedline Industries, Inc., based in Mundelein, Illinois, is a manufacturer and distributor of health care supplies.Customers include hospitals, surgery centers, physicians' offices, extended care facilities, and dialysis centers, though they do sell to consumers also. The company's manufacturing and distribution capabilities encompass more than 350,000 products ranging from surgical instruments to hand sanitizers.