Dispatcher Driver Supervisor CDL Licensed
***CDL A Commercial Driver License Preferred, or willing to obtain upon hire***
MedTrans (Medline Industries) is currently accepting applications for Dispatcher Driver Supervisor CDL Licensed Licensed to fill a permanent, direct-hire position in Jeffersonville, IN. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of experience in dispatch, route driver supervision, operations management, and process control and improvement. Valid CDL license preferred or must be willing to obtain upon hire
The Dispatcher Driver Supervisor CDL Licensed is responsible for the safe, efficient operation of the assigned MedTrans fleet, with due regard for customer needs. The responsibilities of this position will include but not be limited to overseeing the local drivers’ performance, ensuring proper communication between the drivers, Branch, and Corporate Management, the implementation of new routes, and adapting MedTrans capabilities to provide safe, efficient, high quality, transportation service.
Work for the leading nationwide supplier of medical, surgical and pharmaceutical products to hospitals, nursing homes, HME providers, surgery centers, physician offices, home care/hospice. Due to continued growth we are in need of a Dispatcher Driver Supervisor CDL Licensed in Jeffersonville, IN.
Enjoy competitive pay, full benefits, competitive salary plus incentive, and a stable work environment with a global company. This is a full-time, exempt, Direct-Hire placement offering long-term career opportunities.
Responsibilities of the Dispatcher Driver Supervisor CDL Licensed
- Identify ways to improve operations, routes, capacities, costs, and asset requirements
- Develop operating plans for new routes with due regard for all regulatory requirements, and any safety concerns
- Plan for optimized daily routes and activities based on Branch/Fleet workloads, and available customer order information
- Integrate new and any existing routes to optimize utilization of ALL assets
- Work with internal MedTrans personnel, Branch Management, to ensure all assets, are in place
- Work with MedTrans Corporate to ensure availability of Drivers and assets to meet commitments
- Interview/ evaluate new driver applicants when needed and forward recommendations to Branch Management and MedTrans Senior Director.
- In conjunction with Branch Director, schedule, direct, and coach or counsel MedTrans team members as needed. In addition, perform regular driver ride-a-longs to enhance open two-way communication of Management’s expectations of our drivers while promoting a positive work environment.
- Ensure proper reporting of all activities and adherence to policies
- Potential to fill-in as driver in emergency situations
- Conduct regularly scheduled driver safety meetings at local level
- Develop and maintain working relationships with; Sales, Customers, Vendors, Branch Management, MedTrans Corporate HQ, and Human Resources
Qualifications of the Dispatcher Driver Supervisor CDL Licensed
- 4 year college degree, relevant experience accepted in lieu of education. 3-5 years supervisory experience.
- Candidate must have a high sense of urgency and customer service.
- Ability to effectively speak before groups of team members and customers of Medline.
- Understanding of transportation costing and motor carrier operations.
- Class A CDL preferred, or willing to obtain upon hire
- Experience managing and dispatching drivers
- LTL and TL costs and Pricing knowledge.
- Experience with TMS and route optimization software a plus
- Knowledge of: Outlook, Excel, Access, SAP, Catalyst (WMS), MapPoint, and tracking software
Compensation for the Dispatcher Driver Supervisor CDL Licensed
- Average annual salary $70,000 - $80,000 per year which includes:
- Base rate salary $50,000-$60,000 per year
- Annual incentive is paid monthly and quarterly that can equate to an additional $15,000-$20,000 per year. Incentives are attainable but not guaranteed.
- Full benefits after 30 days: medical, dental, life, paid Holidays and Vacations.
- 401k enrollment on first day of employment.
Work Schedule for the Dispatcher Driver Supervisor CDL Licensed
- Monday-Friday with occasional weekend work
- First shift, during regular business hours
- Work 8-12 hours per day depending on business needs
- Work schedule may change; must be flexible with work schedule
Keywords: Lead Driver, Driver Supervisor, CDL, process improvement, routing, dispatch dispatching, fleet manager, supervisor, manager, TMS software, microsoft
The company's manufacturing and distribution capabilities encompass more than 350,000 products ranging from surgical instruments to hand sanitizers.
Medline IndustriesMedline Industries, Inc., based in Mundelein, Illinois, is a manufacturer and distributor of health care supplies.Customers include hospitals, surgery centers, physicians' offices, extended care facilities, and dialysis centers, though they do sell to consumers also. The company's manufacturing and distribution capabilities encompass more than 350,000 products ranging from surgical instruments to hand sanitizers.