Local Truck Driver CDL Class A Route Delivery
- MedTrans (Medline Industries) is currently accepting applications for Local Truck Driver CDL Class A Route Delivery to fill permanent, direct-hire positions in Perryville, MD.
- The ideal candidates will hold a valid CDL Class A driver's license and prior verifiable experience and references, preferably local, route delivery experience.
- Work for the leading nationwide supplier of medical, surgical and pharmaceutical products to hospitals, nursing homes, HME providers, surgery centers, physician offices, home care/hospice delivering palletized freight.
- Due to continued growth we are in need of Local Truck Driver CDL Class A Route Delivery for our location in Perryville, MD.
- Enjoy competitive pay, full benefits, and a stable work environment with a global company.
- These are full-time, permanent, Direct-Hire placements offering a stable work environment and long-term career opportunities.
Requirements of the Local Truck Driver CDL Class A Route Delivery
- Current DOT Medical Card and be able to pass pre-employment DOT drug and criminal background screen
- Hold a valid Class A Commercial Driver´s License, with air brakes endorsement and prior verifiable experience and references
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Able to work in all types of environments and under difficult conditions; hot, cold, dust, indoors, outdoors
- Must be flexible with work schedule; some mandatory OT on weekends.
- Be in excellent physical condition and be able to stand, sit, kneel, bend, lift, push, pull for extended periods and have normal use of senses
- Experience with local, multiple-stop deliveries: foodservice, beverage delivery, LTL, etc.
- Be able to lift, push, pull up to 75 pounds with no assistance
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Responsibilities of the Local Truck Driver CDL Class A Route Delivery
- Backing in and out of docks
- Drive trucks to transport materials and equipment to specific route destinations
- Checking mechanical aspects of the vehicle
- Reporting maintenance/repair issues on tractors and trailers
- Touch freight – unloading using pallet-jack and/or hand-cart
Compensation for the Local Truck Driver CDL Class A Route Delivery
- Average annual salary is $60,000 - $65,000 per year which includes:
- Hourly wage of $21.00 - $22.00/hour based upon prior experience.
- $2K sign-on bonus: $1K paid after 6 months, $1K paid after 9 months.
- Eligible for monthly and quarterly safety/pallet incentive that can equate to an additional $2-$3/hour; incentive attainable but not guaranteed.
- Overtime paid after 40 hours per week
- Full benefits are offered after only 30 days: medical, dental, life, paid Holidays and Vacations
- 401k retirement plan enrollment starts on the first day of employment.
Work Schedule for the Local Truck Driver CDL Class A Route Delivery
- Start times vary, typically between 11pm-4am.
- No layovers; home every day
- Deliver palletized freight to medical facilities
- Make 6-10 stops per day; out of the truck at every stop;
- Route delivery, driver unload using pallet jack, lift-gate, and 2 wheel hand cart
- Work schedule may change based on business needs; must be flexible with work schedule.
Keywords: truck driver, driver, local truck driver, cdl driver, delivery driver, class a driver, cdl truck driver, cdl, local truck driver, local driver, route delivery
The company's manufacturing and distribution capabilities encompass more than 350,000 products ranging from surgical instruments to hand sanitizers.