Local Truck Driver CDL Class A $3k Sign On Bonus
$65,000 - $70,000 average annual salary
Work for the leading nationwide supplier of medical, surgical and pharmaceutical products to hospitals, nursing homes, HME providers, surgery centers, physician offices, home care/hospice delivering palletized freight. Due to continued growth we are in need of CDL A delivery drivers for our location in Perryville, MD. Routes typically have 6-10 stops per day; routes will vary day to day and can change at any time.
MedTrans (Medline Industries) is currently accepting applications for Commercial Driver's License Class A Local Truck Drivers to fill permanent, direct-hire positions in Perryville, MD. The ideal candidates will hold a valid CDL Class A driver's license and prior verifiable experience and references, preferably local, route delivery experience.
Enjoy competitive pay, full benefits, and a stable work environment with a global company. These are full-time, permanent, Direct-Hire placements offering a stable work environment and long-term career opportunities.
Requirements of the Local Truck Driver CDL Class A $3k Sign On Bonus
- Current DOT Medical Card and be able to pass pre-employment DOT drug and criminal background screen
- Hold a valid Class A Commercial Driver´s License, with air brakes endorsement and you must be able to drive a manual transmission and prior verifiable experience and references
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Able to work in all types of environments and under difficult conditions; hot, cold, dust, indoors, outdoors
- Must be flexible with work schedule; some mandatory OT on weekends.
- Be in excellent physical condition and be able to stand, sit, kneel, bend, lift, push, pull for extended periods and have normal use of senses
- Experience with local, multiple-stop deliveries: foodservice, beverage delivery, LTL, etc.
- Be able to lift, push, pull up to 75 pounds with no assistance
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Responsibilities of the Local Truck Driver CDL Class A $3k Sign On Bonus
- Backing in and out of docks
- Drive trucks to transport materials and equipment to specific route destinations
- Checking mechanical aspects of the vehicle
- Reporting maintenance/repair issues on tractors and trailers
- Touch freight – unloading using pallet-jack and/or hand-cart
Compensation for the Local Truck Driver CDL Class A $3k Sign On Bonus
Salary for this position is $21.00 - $22.00/hour based upon prior experience, plus monthly and quarterly bonuses, that can equate to an additional $2-$3/hour. Overtime after 40 hours per week, average 40-50 hours/week. Full benefits after 30 days: medical, dental, life, paid Holidays and Vacations; 401k enrollment on first day of employment.
Work Schedule for the Local Truck Driver CDL Class A $3k Sign On Bonus
Monday-Friday, several start times per day: 12am, 1am, 2am, 3am, 4am, 5am, 6am, but could vary by an hour or so; work 8-12 hours per day; work schedule may change; availability of routes/work schedules unknown until start date; must be flexible with work schedule and willing to run all routes.