- ACTIVE LPN OR RN REQUIRED -
Medix Healthcare is the fastest growing health care recruitment organization specializing in full-time Licensed Practical Nursing & Registered Nursing placements for all the major physician practices and health plans throughout the state of Florida.
Medix is reaching out on behalf of UnitedHealth/OptumCare to identify clinical LPN or RN leads for several of there primary care facilities in Lake & Orange County.
Medix is looking for someone with at least 3 years of recent clinical / acute care experience as an LPN or RN.
The Nurse Administrator reports to the Regional Manager of Operations and is responsible for planning, coordinating, directing and monitoring all operational and financial aspects of the center in conjunction with the physician(s), Regional Manager of Operations, and Regional Medical Director to provide effective leadership to center teammates and oversee the delivery of quality, cost-effective patient care. The Nurse Administrator is also responsible for ensuring the continuity of care in both the inpatient and outpatient setting utilizing the appropriate resources within the parameters of established contracts and patients health plan benefits. The Nurse Administrator facilitates continuum of patients care utilizing advanced nursing knowledge, experience and skills to ensure appropriate utilization of resources and patient quality outcomes. Performs care management functions on-site or telephonically as the need arises. The Nurse Administrator works in conjunction with the care team and PCP as care team leader. Ensures evaluation is in alignment with site based goals. This role reflects subject matter expertise in two key areas; center leadership as well as care management.
Location: Clermont (34711)
Setting: Primary Care Facility (Geriatric Managed Care Model)
Pay: $32 - $40 hr (Based off of RECENT applicable clinical experience and active RN or LPN)
Hours: Monday - Friday from 8AM-5PM / Full-time 40 hr work week (set schedule)
Probationary Period: 4.5 months (720 hours) (on-site)(full-time)(full-compensation)
Benefits: Full Medical (Dental & Vision) Time Off (PTO, Personal & Military Leave) Retirement (401k) Income Protection (Team & Dependent Life), (Long & Short Term Disability), Flex Spending Accounts, Tuition Reimbursement
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate commitment to superior customer service, including quality and care and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
- Represents the Company in a professional manner, following all Company policies and procedures.
- Ability to obtain CPR certification within 90 days of employment (Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers (AHA) or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross).
- LPNs: Ability to obtain IV Certification within 90 days of employment.
- Provides overall direction and guidance to clinical and administrative teammates.
- Meets with patients, patients family and caregivers as needed to discuss care and treatment plan as delineated in Transitions of Care program.
- Identifies and assists with the follow-up of high-risk patients in acute care settings, skilled nursing facilities, custodial and ambulatory settings.
- Consults with physician and other team members to ensure that care plan is successfully implemented.
- Coordinates treatment plans with the care team and triages interventions appropriate to the skill set of the team members.
- Uses protocols and pathways in line with established disease management and care management programs and approved by medical management in order to optimize clinical outcomes.
- Monitors and coaches patients using techniques of motivational interviewing and behavioral change to maximize self-management.
- Oversees provisions for discharge from facilities including follow-up appointments, home health, social services, transportation, etc., in order to maintain continuity of care.
- Works in coordination with the care team and demonstrates accountability with patient management and outcome.
- Discusses Durable Power of Attorney (DPoA) and advanced directive status with PCP when applicable.
- Maintains effective communication with the physicians, disease management, hospitalists, extended care facilities, patients and families.
- Communicates organizational objectives and vision to the team.
- Assists and supports teammates with the development and implementation of departmental goals, policies, procedures, budgets and reporting tools and change.
- Promotes a team approach to delivering quality, cost-effective care to where patient satisfaction is the primary goal.
- Provides accurate information to patients and families regarding plan benefits, community resources, referrals and other related issues.
- Documents pertinent patient information in Electronic Health Record and FOCUS as appropriate.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the cost consequences resulting from Care Management decisions through utilization of reports and systems such as Health Plan Benefits, utilization of metrics and CM reports. + Adheres to departmental policies and procedures as approved by Best Practice Committee and QMOC (Quality Medical Oversight Committee).
- Ability to work collaboratively with the provider and care team to carry out nursing interventions under proper scope of practice.
- Prepares annual capital equipment and operating budgets for the center. Monitors departmental activities and justifies variances when necessary. Implements effective tools to improve operational efficiencies and control costs.
- Ensures the coordination of provider schedules and the scheduling of patients. Monitors appointment availability and implements changes as needed.
- Works in conjunction with designated Medical Director, Regional Manager and regional team to enhance provider satisfaction. Assists in resolving provider-related issues when necessary.
- Monitors the impact of growth on the facility s existing space plan based on projected enrollment, visits and utilization.
- Propose, plan and direct facility expansion and enhancement projects when required. Maintains a professional facility appearance that meets patients expectations.
- Enhances center s visibility through community involvement.
- Participates actively on organizational and ad hoc committees as needed.
- Reports progress, operational issues, organizational opportunities and threats to the regional team on a monthly basis or as needed.
- Monitors patient satisfaction through various programs such as the formal complaint process, new patient survey, CAHPS, HOS, etc. Responds as appropriate. + Works toward ensuring customer service standards are met.
- Ensure staff compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for team development including recruitment, counseling, mentoring and termination of teammates.
- Ensures all billing policies and procedures are followed.
- Consistently maintain professional appearance. Personally adheres to dress code policy and ensures compliance of their team.
- Consistently demonstrates good written and verbal communication, gets along with coworkers and management, and deals effectively and professionally under pressure.
- Provides leadership experience that directly impacts the hands-on daily operations of the center.
- Adheres and monitors compliance with all to learn and implement appropriate Federal, State, and local regulations.
- Demonstrates the ability to multi-task and get stuff done in an efficient and effective manner to ensure center and overall business needs are met.
- Implements best practices to oversee the care of patients and to better meet patient needs.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with utilization controls of healthcare resources.
- Accurately reviews, justifies, and contests Part A and Part B claims.
- Evaluates and recommends health delivery network changes with the Medical Director.
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience in the development and administration of managed care and disease management principles and practices.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Must have consistent, punctual and reliable attendance.
- Ability to travel may be required.
- High school graduate, GED or equivalent.
- Graduation from an accredited school of Nursing.
- Must possess a current and valid LPN or RN Florida state license.
- LPNs: IV Certification required.
- RNs: Associates or Bachelor s degree in Science required.
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers (AHA) or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross)
- 3 years of experience in Med-Surg, ER, ICU, Acute Care is preferred.
- Previous healthcare industry experience within managed care and/or medical group operations environment is preferred.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. We would love to work with you today.
Please send an updated copy of your resume and best contact number to reach you at!