- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The main purpose of this position is to supervise the Shipping department and ensure the prompt and correct shipment of orders.
If you are an enthusiastic self-starter, goal driven, love shipping and have an interest in the pharmaceutical industry, then we are looking for you!
- Prepare Shipments
- Prepare documents for dangerous goods & ensure compliance with regulations
- Monitor and coordinate the ordering of all shipping supplies
- Schedule Freight shipments
- Supervise Shipping Department
- Train new employees on all shipping responsibilities and SOPs
- Ensure all orders are picked, packed using MEDWMS scanners
- Ensure all employees are following all SOPs
- Monitor and conduct performance evaluations on an annual basis
- Miscellaneous tasks
- Ensure KPI targets are meet
- Secure facility at end of business
- Spill response
Skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Minimum of a High School diploma
- 2 years experience in shipping or factory type role
- Certified in DOT, IATA and IMDG regulations
- Excellent communication skills; fluent English (oral & written) required
- A strong leader with a positive attitude and the ability to coach others
- Strong decision making & problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel); Syspro/Vintara is an asset
MediscaWhy Work Here?
Fast growing global pharmaceutical company.
MEDISCA is the leader in providing turnkey solutions to the pharmaceutical compounding industry and allied health care professionals worldwide. Founded in 1989, the company has locations in Canada, the United States and Australia, optimizing its service to the international market.
6641 N Belt Line Rd #130Irving, TX
Transportation and Storage