Urgently Seeking a Production Planner!!
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Inspiration starts here!! Be inspired. Make a difference. Improve lives. Join team Velocity!
At Velocity, we understand how what we do every day contributes to the bigger picture of improving patient lives. Whether we are designing an implant to get an athlete back in the game or a medical instrument that allows surgeons to save lives, our daily focus is broader than just the products we make. Our products impact people’s lives and the weight of that drives us.
Apply at https://velocitymedtech.com/careers/
Other Perks and Benefits at Velocity:
- Generous paid time off program - work your way up to over 5 weeks of paid time off a year!
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits after a short waiting period
- Company paid life insurance
- 401k plus company match
- Company reimbursement of safety shoes
- Casual dress code
- Inhouse training for select roles
Plus, many more!
The position is responsible for planning FG for Totowa, NJ and NH plant for each work center. Schedule work for Kitting Area and customer relationship management. They will plan, schedule, coordinate, and monitor the products through the complete production cycle. Coordinate and integrate work packages and schedules, and manage unforeseen events, and adjusting as required.
The role will be leading the Kitting team in executing best practices and measuring performance through agreed upon KPIs.
Essential Job Functions
Production Planner Job Description:
- Responsible for creating, executing, and monitoring a schedule management system.
- Maintain the master distribution schedule and serve as a primary point of contact and liaison between sales, engineering, programming, and manufacturing operations to establish plans that allocate available resources to benefit both company and customer needs.
- Manage revisions and alert respective stakeholders of changes or delays.
- Integrate sales orders with master schedule; coordinates availability of raw materials, supplies, equipment, and staff as needed to meet delivery dates.
- Analyze manufacturing lead times, historical performance data, estimated equipment set-ups, cycle times, and work center hours for schedule creation.
- Collaborates with Buyer to determine current and anticipated orders with available inventory of raw materials; uses judgment to anticipate demand and acquire additional supplies as needed.
- Collaborate with production and material personnel to ensure streamlined operations and information technology personnel to analyze and create enhanced manufacturing applications functionality.
- Work closely with Customer care to provide expected ship date.
General Job Functions
- Identify and conduct training on respective departmental programs.
- Command comprehensive expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related fields.
- Organize materials, data, and workflow to ensure on-time completion of tasks.
- Execute departmental work plans in conformance with company policies, procedures, regulations, best practices, management objectives, quality objectives, and compliance requirements.
- Understand how administrative tasks overlap with and affect production, on time, in full delivery (OTIF).
- Solve complex problems; take a new perspective on existing solutions. May lead projects or project steps within a broader project or have accountability for ongoing activities or objectives.
- Report performance statistics up the chain of command and recommend strategic changes.
- Liaise with customers, suppliers, and third parties, including monitoring the progress of work.
- Exemplify best work practices, behaviors, and leadership traits; operate with integrity, treats others with respect, and demonstrates reliability, teamwork, initiative and creativity, problem-solving, and decision making.
- Demonstrate clear and effective communication, both verbal and written. Prepare, maintain, and submit accurate paperwork as required, including job reports, timekeeping records, etc.
- Adhere to all applicable environmental, safety and health, and operations procedures and directives, including the proper use of personal protective equipment following manufacturer specifications, Safety Data Sheets (SDS), and company guidelines.
- Ensure and promote safe work practices and rectify job site hazards, including clean work areas.
- Read, understand, and interpret the lockout/tag-out indicators in the work area.
- Know, understand, and adhere to organizational policies and procedures; align with and represents the mission, vision, and core values.
- Regularly report to work on time and maintain acceptable attendance requirements.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned, some of which may become essential to the position.
Skills and Abilities
Required Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated abilities in project management
- Demonstrated abilities in scheduling best practices, project management, and strategic planning.
- Skilled in problem-solving, critical thinking, and mathematics.
- Developed organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail.
- Exceptional business acumen, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams).
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), as required.
- Demonstrated abilities in customer service
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Use of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles
Knowledge and Experience
Required Knowledge and Experience
- 0-2 Years (L1), 3-5 Years (L2), 6-10 Years (L3), 11-16 Years (L4), 17+ Years (L5) of experience in a related job role
- Or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described, including an internship in relevant trade.
- High School Diploma/GED and technical/associate degree.
Preferred Knowledge and Experience:
- A bachelors degree in business administration, engineering, or another relevant field.
- Planning & Scheduling Professional (PSP)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate
- Lean/Six Sigma Certification
- Experience working in manufacturing with trade terminology and nomenclature.
- Sound knowledge of safety requirements.
- Possess and demonstrate a thorough understanding and a working knowledge of all phases of the job.
Physical/Mental Involvement & Environmental Factors
Physical Requirements: While performing this job's duties, employees are regularly required to sit, walk, stand, bend, crouch, crawl, and twist. Reach, push, and pull with hands and arms. Lift to 50 pounds. Talk and hear, both in person and by telephone.
Mental Requirements: Employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information, and documents; analyze and solve non-routine and complex problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks; work under intensive deadlines with frequent interruptions, and interact with staff, the public.
Working Conditions: 100% of work takes place inside an industrial office/warehouse environment. Employees work in proximity to moving machinery, mechanical parts, and vehicles and may have exposure to prolonged loud noise, including sirens, horns, and tooling. Employees may handle hazardous material or have exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals, biological hazards, and airborne fumes. The noise level is usually mild to moderate 75% of the time.
Job descriptions are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned or changed at any time with or without notice. Job descriptions are developed through observation of work, information from the marketplace, and interviews with workers and supervisors currently performing the job.
Medin Technologies, Inc. a Velocity medtech Company
Get fresh Production Planner II jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.